• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sloppy steering? Turbo melting your bushings? Check these out!

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
OFT Racing is now producing billet/oilite bushings for Yammi sleds. These will fit the Apex, Nytro, Phazer and a few other models. Contact SCMURS or myself via PM, or visit OFTRacing.com.

DSC00239.jpg

DSC01972.JPG

DSC01973.JPG

DSC01974.JPG

DSC01975.JPG

DSC01977.JPG

Last edited:
H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I just had my heat treated ( old ) plastic ones remachined, line bored , blue printed and balanced ........fcukkkkk !

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Thank you very much! When the dirt track racing is done for the summer and I drag the ole beater out of the corner I will be ordering a set of 3. Keep them in Stock for me :) Eric

PistonBroke

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
mmmmmmm

nice....now groove 'em 360 degrees and give us a grease fitting. :D

S

srxspec

Nov 27, 2007
www.ulmerracing.com
With the oilite material they are using there is absolutely NO need for a grease fitting folks! This bushing material is oil impregnated and as soon as it begins to warm up even slightly oil will begin to "come to the surface" and it lubricates itself. Grease will make the steering seem stiffer when cold. This is the exact same oilite material we use in the Ulmer Racing front end bushing kits.

Also just what a guy needs for a front mount turbo setup! I ordered one for the bottom mount closest to the header yesterday for a customer!

J
Nov 27, 2007
bushings

just got mine and the pics dont do them justice. Only downer to these is that its such a shame to put all the plastic back on and cover them up. julio

S

srxspec

Nov 27, 2007
www.ulmerracing.com
Mr Ulmer is absolutely correct. With Oilite, there is no reason for additional lubrication. In addition, there is really not a need for heat to allow the oil to do it's job.

Thanks Allen!

Sorry, didn't mean that heat had to be used for the oil to show up, but at shows in the past I have shown customers that the oil comes right to the surface by applying a little heat (alot of customers truely do not understand the function of this oilite material, it is used on heavy duty equipment where loads are extremely high). The oil will keep it lubricated for many many years, on front end bushing kits we see the life cycle double over the life cycle of the stock plastic bushings. Example stock bushings might last 1500-2000 miles where as the oilite bushings will last 4000+ miles.

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Does the Vector use the same blocks? If so, how many do I need?

SKRAT,

These blocks are replacements for Yamaha p/n 8FA-23812-00-00. There are three of these block assemblies on a Vector, Apex and RX-1.

Nytros have two of these and a Phazer has one.

scmurs

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
Will they work on a rider forward kit ? Wildchild never made any for his kit so this is why I am asking.

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
Hey Moto, any chance you guys are making or are going to make an offset axle for a m10 (with live axle if that matters). Need to put one on this summer to run my 8" wheels, and will be ordering your steering relocate, so if you have these I will order them all from you guys.

Let me know

Kirk

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Hey Moto, any chance you guys are making or are going to make an offset axle for a m10 (with live axle if that matters). Need to put one on this summer to run my 8" wheels, and will be ordering your steering relocate, so if you have these I will order them all from you guys.

Let me know

Kirk

We are currently working on offset axles for the stock, and cat style rails only. Sorry...

Maybe you should get a Timbersled... Our stuff will fit those!! :D:beer;

Premium Features