• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OFT to the mountain... it's a 153" Phizzer stretch

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Thanks McLovin!

Alright, final installment of the Phizzer stretch.
Here are the Nytro drivers/extro's installed

Phizz9.JPG

There is a fair amount of room between the extro's and the rail tips... no worries

Phizz12.JPG

Phizz13.JPG

Plenty of room for the 2 1/4" lugs as well... I think you could run 3"; even with the larger Nytro drivers

Phizz10.JPG

Here, you can see the difference in gears... I think she'll do okay with the 56 bottom...

Phizz14.JPG

Believe it or not, you can fit 14 5/8" of track under the Phazer... It requires A LOT of cursing, beer, perfect driver alignment, and custom fitment; but it WILL work!

Phizz15.JPG

... AND VOLIA! Another "Over the top" build from OFT Racing!

Phizz16.JPG

Phizz18.JPG

BEFORE:
Phizz20.JPG

AFTER:
Phizz17.JPG

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
14 5/8 fits but its tight Thats whats on mine, 7 tooth 3.0 pitch avids require you to cut the rail tips. A timbersled skid move's the rails back about a 1/2inch.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Nice project!!! still love the burnt orange colors...

got my rails off today, and sending to your co-hort in arms!!!

Last edited:
K
Oct 2, 2008
Moto, left you some info on TY site. Double check by pulling the skid frame, remove shocks and springs and reinstall skid. Cycle the suspension and you'll see they do hit. That's what we did to confirm on the '07's with Nytro drivers. 7 tooth Nytro drivers are the same size as 7 tooth avids. Not bashing, just don't want you to have a problem.

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
How do you think the water is getting in?

I really can't say. It would be nice to know though... so it can be addessed.

looks great moto. wheres the pipe and better boards?

The Better Boards are still on the bench... I've been trying to get everything buttoned up before Hay Days - they'll have to wait until I get back. As far as a pipe... stay tuned - might have a gooder for that!

M
Nov 26, 2007
Meeker, Colorado
Did you leave the reverse alone while you were in there? Its the weak link on these sleds. The gearbox isnt ment for large amounts of torque just a heads up. If you eliminate the reverse completely it allows for a solid one piece shaft vs the 2 piece hollow shaft. Something to keep in mind if you go turbo/blower route. Looks real nice though and you will love the better boards every sled should have them.

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
moto has this seen the snow yet? just wondering how stiff the torsions were. grt the pipe built yet?

Alas my friend, no. My guess is, there is more snow where you are than where I am... :mad:.

No problem hitting 20-40 below for weeks on end, but somehow it refuses to snow... hopefully soon!

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
yeah, and that isnt the amazing pics...carrying stoli (280 lbs.) up that hill was KILLER!!!!

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
I used an electric tire groover. Since I left the track 14 5/8" wide, I didn't have to get into the fiberglass bars - it worked well.

My back still feels stiff from digging you out. What was that Moto quote about "us westerners" and "throwing down" and.......???????

Someone throw in the picture of me head over heels and all will be even.

Thanks for the good times MT :D

scmurs

Last edited:
Premium Features