• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Slide rails. Anodize or Powdercoat?

B

boxster7614

Sep 20, 2008
Just my opinion, but even if you get the best powdercoat job in the world at some point its going to chip and peal. Thinking about down the road if you ever what to have them redone, trying to remove powdercoat from aluminum can be a real pain and expensive to do. if you do anodizing you can always have it re anodized no problems.

J
Jul 8, 2008
phillips WI
pulled the powdercoated rails off the 2010 assault today,here is a pick of the old versus new. As stated before on this sled I cannot remember hitting anything that hard to bend them like this. Buy the way the new ones are anodized.
attachment.php

slides 006.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i have powder coated alot of things myself and had great success and never any strength issues with it...i am no exspect by any means...just saying "I" have had great success and will continue to use powder coat!!

Jas123. you should look into the HOLZ or Polaris rail braces...i use them on all 3 of my sleds...when i had stock rails on all of them and now that they have the ice age rails, i still use them for added strength..

here is a link to the polaris one...the HOLZ one is the exact same, but in black (also same price i beleve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270571547819&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

J
Jul 8, 2008
phillips WI
attachment.php
The assaults do have rail braces, and they are bent directly in front of them, which also does not seem typical to any bent rails that I've seen. here is another pic, you would think one would have felt something in bending them this far.

slides 003.jpg

Premium Features