• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trails West trailer tie down question

S
Mar 30, 2024
Montana
Good Morning all. I am looking at a Trails West gooseneck trailer that has the metal strips down the floor that they call "tie down rail system". I cannot find anything about this feature online. A salesman is calling it a car hauler package and says there is extra framing for these strips. My questions are do those strips get damaged if you run a ski over the top of them, are they a handy way to secure the sleds or anything else for that matter (or more in the way) and I am assuming they are very secure if they in fact can hold a car down or is it going to be something I trip over frequently. Do you think it hurts or helps resale value? If anyone has these or wish they had these I would really like to hear your feedback. Thank for your time.

D
Oct 9, 2023
Nampa Idaho
I have them in my sled trailer and they work great. Adjustable in the slotted tracks for any length sled to angle the traps at the right angle. They're positioned down the center of each sled and flush with the floor. Not a tripping problem and hold my sleds down tight when traveling pot hole side roads. Hope this helps!

S
Mar 30, 2024
Montana
I have them in my sled trailer and they work great. Adjustable in the slotted tracks for any length sled to angle the traps at the right angle. They're positioned down the center of each sled and flush with the floor. Not a tripping problem and hold my sleds down tight when traveling pot hole side roads. Hope this helps!
Thanks davem4notw.....appreciate your feedback. I unfortunately couldn't make a deal on that particular trailer but found a different one that doesn't have those......would have definitely been handy for sure. Thanks again.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Meathooker,
Time for therapy.
You aren’t hurting their business, it’s thriving.

Get over it.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Meathooker,
Time for therapy.
You aren’t hurting their business, it’s thriving.

Get over it.
They suck. Tammy from 2Cool air vents had a trailer almost fall in half after 3-4 years from corrosion.

they cost me a full weekend if time driving to get a faulty trailer fixed

and the sloped floor is silly

there are so many great brands out there

if I can help steering anyone to another brand with a better track record I’m glad to help :)

Premium Features