• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled starts then kills after 1 second... wont idle

M
Dec 16, 2022
Colorado
Hey Ya'll,
SO here is the situation. Spent the last two days sledding 3-4' of fresh pow near Steamboat. My sled is a 2020 pro rmk 800 with stage 2 kit. The sled was running great the first day and most of the second day. No bog or any other issues. After about 3 hours of riding (full pin! it was DEEP) on the second day I started to have a little throttle sticking because of the amount of snow getting packed into my throttle. Then I was went for another pull up the hill and was on the throttle heavy for about 60 seconds. I felt a loss of power that at first assumed was a bog from snow in the intake or blocking the exhaust. She started back up immediatley and i hit the throttle heavy to get going... she went for about 3 seconds then cut off. After that, I could start her and she would die after 1 sec and wouldnt idle. I was just trying to get back to the trail so I would get about 1 second of power... clutch engages and spins track but it was too deep to get out with that methodology. We installed the TSS bypass because we thought that could be the culprit with the throttle sticking issue i was having before the major issue. This didnt fix it. We are now thinking it may be EGT (exhaust gas temp) sensor or the TPS, perhaps, a votage regulator issue. What do y'all think? Going back to recover her on Sunday before the next storm cycle. Likely we will just tow her out and get her to the mechanic to diagnose.

Thanks for the help!

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Stator or CDI is my guess. A CDI going out will get only partial power. A Stator going out will dim the headlights when you git the throttle. Of course, I am taking this was experience with older Polaris sleds.

Premium Features