• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Pro Chassis "FRAME" Front Suspension

M
Oct 13, 2009
wyoming
Way too sensitive...Please re read my post. Isnt this forum to get accurate information out there to the buyers? Just sayin if your buying a new car wouldnt ya want all the right info out there to make a informative decision? Really it is what it is why over, or under do the facts. not getting wound up, just stating some real key points. Its gonna be ok..:face-icon-small-hap

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Need comparison ride reports.

Looks cools. Probably not heavier. What are the tangible, field tested, handling benefits on a Pro ride in different conditions for $2300 bones? That's not an unreasonable question. The rest is marketecture.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Polaris Pistons are made in Europe, Austria to be exact.. and the pistons are actually high quality.

Polaris 800cfi Cranks are made in USA or Japan.

Sheesh, an innovative company that makes quality products, In the USA.... with USA labor and materials, offers something to the us, as sled owners, and they get jumped all over... Now that is interesting.

let's see if I get this......

Polaris uses "made in India" pistons and made in who knows where crankshafts....hundreds if not thousands of motors go down

Numerous reports and photos of failed polaris a-arms

Cole Willford wins 600 Mod with the new Skinz a-arm package. Another used car saleseman tactic.

We're not sure if they're any better than stock...after all, what can 2 inches of steering geometry do, and i'm sure if ya glued some broom handles into the stock arms, they'd be lighter than the skinz.....

What a bunch of armchair racer wannabees.

Great product, Skinz.....congrats on the win.

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Yea, MH I don't know why folks have issues with the aftermarket. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Just don't trash talk a business trying (and spending a lot of cash money) to enhance your already fine sled. I like the aftermarket because they offer products that may make an older sled relevant again. And, as we have seen, the factories have followed the aftermarket on more than one occasion. Good looking A-Arms Sled Solutions. Thanks for adding to the available cool products list. 550iq

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Those upper a arms have to take forever to make. I wonder why they used boxed aluminum that has to be seam welded. Prolly has to be stress relieved and heat treated after all that welding too. Skinz has some awesome design but part of that needs to be focused on ease of manufacture too. They are short handed too. I love Skinz products, but I hate waiting for them.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
I know they are a Skinz product, but the Sled Solutions guy is the one trying to make the sale and I am trying to support his effort. 550iq

I agree 100%, no need for guys to go off on vendors trying to bring products to the market.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
We need a ride report, from some one that's reputable on this forum before people judge this product? If I had 17.5 shocks I would give them a try.

E
Feb 22, 2009
Too expensive for my blood. I can buy new Zbros arms for under $500 these are really nice but why not offer a direct replacement Arm and have the option for new spindles and shocks? Makes no sense to me. I was really looking forward to these arms but now I'm disappointed and will be getting some Zbros Arms

beeze455

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
I bought skinz a-arms before and will never buy another skinz product again.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I see that the spindles are moved two inches forward (according to the specs posted). Did they also do a caster change? Stock is ~26 degrees and a few other aftermarket companies are touting ~16 degrees is a marked improvement. What is the caster angle of the Skins A-arms? Thanks

beeze455

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
Yes, for my nytro. I have not purchased these exact a-arms. My problems where with quality and service.

beeze455

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
I'd be interested in hearing the story, doesn't sound like Skinz AT all.

I was not going to go into detail, but being the OP asked I will. In a way I hate to bash them because after talking with the owner he was very nice, but my problems did not end.

So I ordered this 2k package and should have gotten them in October, but every due date they got pushed back again and again. Rumor is they lost a big order in the computer system and fell way behind. I eventually got them around January.

While waiting I saw people where braking ball joints because of a "bad batch". Arguments on the forum started and finally a very very well respected vendor of other a-arms got on and told them their ball joints are not big enough.

Got them. One did not fit. Called and the person on the phone said it was aftermarket and welding changes them sometimes and they do not promise they will fit. WHAT! The owner called the next day and corrected all that. He was very nice. Still it is clear they did not test fit these very pricy a-arms before shipping.

Got the replacement that definately had something bouncing around inside the arm. Whatever. I wanted to ride.

Rode a few weekends and bent a ball joint--my fault most likely. The bolts came very lose. Upgraded to bigger nylon locking and order a new heim. I saw many just like them for 10 bucks, but paid the 50 from skinz because all I could find was silver. Guess what, theirs came silver and not the gold I had. Whatever. 5 times the price anybody can get them for is crazy though.

I then started to notice the steering rods rubbed the spindles. Just said whatever because at this point nothing surprised me.

Took the shocks off and noticed that this extreme angle caused the rubber grommits to rip and be gone.

Now, I read on the forum that people are bending the steering arms left and right...

D
Dec 4, 2007
Denver, CO
What are the handling benefits of this front end?

NM found it... "Improved tracking, sidehilling and overall technical performance" are the strong points of this suspension.

Last edited:

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
I see that the spindles are moved two inches forward (according to the specs posted). Did they also do a caster change? Stock is ~26 degrees and a few other aftermarket companies are touting ~16 degrees is a marked improvement. What is the caster angle of the Skins A-arms? Thanks
These spindles are 24 Degrees, I rode this kit when they were more vertical and it was horrible which is why they changed it.

I was not going to go into detail, but being the OP asked I will. In a way I hate to bash them because after talking with the owner he was very nice, but my problems did not end.

So I ordered this 2k package and should have gotten them in October, but every due date they got pushed back again and again. Rumor is they lost a big order in the computer system and fell way behind. I eventually got them around January.

While waiting I saw people where braking ball joints because of a "bad batch". Arguments on the forum started and finally a very very well respected vendor of other a-arms got on and told them their ball joints are not big enough.

Got them. One did not fit. Called and the person on the phone said it was aftermarket and welding changes them sometimes and they do not promise they will fit. WHAT! The owner called the next day and corrected all that. He was very nice. Still it is clear they did not test fit these very pricy a-arms before shipping.

Got the replacement that definately had something bouncing around inside the arm. Whatever. I wanted to ride.

Rode a few weekends and bent a ball joint--my fault most likely. The bolts came very lose. Upgraded to bigger nylon locking and order a new heim. I saw many just like them for 10 bucks, but paid the 50 from skinz because all I could find was silver. Guess what, theirs came silver and not the gold I had. Whatever. 5 times the price anybody can get them for is crazy though.

I then started to notice the steering rods rubbed the spindles. Just said whatever because at this point nothing surprised me.

Took the shocks off and noticed that this extreme angle caused the rubber grommits to rip and be gone.

Now, I read on the forum that people are bending the steering arms left and right...

They are making a new steering rod; "we will be offering a very strong Chromolly steering rod that we just got done testing.".

Can just the arms be purchased? Will the arms bolt up to the stock spindle? Thanks
NO you can not you'll need the spindles as well and a shock with center to center of 17.5" with spherical bushing.

Premium Features