• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Pro Chassis "FRAME" Front Suspension

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
We'll some of you may have seen this at Haydays or on Snowest installed on our sled.

Skinz has developed a new front a-arm kit for the Pro RMK and like models in the Pro Chassis. The intent of this kit was to do something different, stronger and improve on the already awesome handling of the stock set up. They have accomplished this using Kashima coated Fox Float Evol shocks, new spindles, aluminum upper a-arms and chromoly lower arms.

Web_zpsb9905e25.jpg

_MG_7345_zps2785db2d.jpg

ColeWilfordPic1_zpsd16c5c18.jpg

Cole Willford running the Monaco color schemed front end on his turbo machine. Cole won the 600 Mod class again this year to take top honors. The picture will give you some idea of the conditions this front end has been tested in.

Polaris Front Ends Include:

Lower A-Arms (Chromalloy Powder Coated Flat Black)
Upper A-Arms ( Boxed Aluminum)
Billet Machined Spindles w/Adjustable Billet Steering Mounts
Spindles are 2" further foward over stock
Steering Rods
Fox Evol R Kashima Coated Shocks
Chip Guard
Hardware Kit for Complete Installation

Weight:

Weight saving was not the objective of this kit rather performance and strength.

-The shocks alone save 6lbs compared to the stock shocks.
-The front end alone saves about 3lbs with the removal of the sway bar. If the customer chooses to use the sway bar, it will be less.
-Fox shocks and no sway bar you'll save about 9lbs.

The Kit is available without the shocks but will require a shock with a Spherical Bearing on each end and the length will need to be 17.5”.

Price:

Pricing for the front end complete with shocks is $2299.95 retail without the shocks will be $1299.95 retail

We have a limited quantity available this year so if you are interested you can purchase them here http://www.sledsolutions.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1333

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited:

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Very cool!... So the only geometry change is pushing the skis 2" farther forward? How does this all help the handling? Just easier to keep in a side hill? The Pro skis are already pretty far forward how much is too much??

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
Very interesting. Similar concept used with on the front end kits for the Nytros that make them handle so well. What aspects of handling actually change with this kit, other than better shock performance (Obvious)?

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
>>-The shocks alone save 6lbs compared to the stock shocks.<<

Evol R's weigh only 2 pounds less than stock shocks on a Pro. You must be confusing with Assault remote resy shocks. Please get your facts straight!

Have FUN!

G MAN

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
>>-The shocks alone save 6lbs compared to the stock shocks.<<

Evol R's weigh only 2 pounds less than stock shocks on a Pro. You must be confusing with Assault remote resy shocks. Please get your facts straight!

Have FUN!

G MAN

X2 but actually the float 2 are less then 2 lb lighter then the stock shocks. Also your 3 pounds savings for the arms is that for a 11 to 12 model years are 2013 model years?

Last edited:
I
Nov 26, 2007
X2 but actually the float 2 are less then 2 lb lighter then the stock shocks. Also your 3 pounds savings for the arms is that for a 11 to 12 model years are 2013 model years?

That's for removing the sway bar. I doubt the arms are lighter.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Skinz didn't want to give me weight savings as they knew this would happen. I knew the question would be asked so I posted what they found. No need to attack me GMAN as it's not my product just one I sell. If you don't believe their claims move on. THE POINT OF THIS KIT IS NOT TO REDUCE WEIGHT!! As a package its an improvement over stock and another option for buyers. The Nytro and XP Concept front ends have changed the riding experience in a positive way for many riders.

I have not ridden the production version yet which has changed from the original design. "Improved tracking, sidehilling and overall technical performance" are the strong points of this suspension.

Years ago before Skinz was around a kit like this would have been industry changing. Today, with some manufactures copying aftermarket designs and putting them on production sleds this isn't good enough anymore. It would make it hard for me if I were Skinz to keep putting forth the effort to keep designing new stuff these days.

We are our own worse enemy when it comes to technology, never enough!

For those interested in this kit you can expect it to perform as advertised. Skinz quality and innovation at it's best is enough for me to stand behind this product and the company. If it didn't work or was just a gimmick I guarantee you that Skinz Protective Gear would not be offering to the public nor would we.

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Very interesting. Similar concept used with on the front end kits for the Nytros that make them handle so well. <snipped>?

Isn't that like "Military Intelligence"...? :)

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
Paul, do you have any plans on getting a set of these on the snow for review?

M
Oct 13, 2009
wyoming
Must say they look like a cool and inovative product, but at the same time have to agree with the majority and say these aftermarket companies need to stop trying to use the used car salesmen tactics and tell it how it is. Hey, im sure its a great product, as skins has put itself on the map, but tell it how it is. Dont add or subtract to market your product..just be honest and forth comming. Way too much of this going on in the aftermarket world, and i do think it all comes out in the end and hurts the selling of an already good product. I for one can tell you it sours alot of people. Just shows character in a not so possitive way. JMO

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Paul, do you have any plans on getting a set of these on the snow for review?

Just plan ran out of time, hoping to stop the beginning of May to run it a little in soft snow just to get some feeling.

Must say they look like a cool and inovative product, but at the same time have to agree with the majority and say these aftermarket companies need to stop trying to use the used car salesmen tactics and tell it how it is. Hey, im sure its a great product, as skins has put itself on the map, but tell it how it is. Dont add or subtract to market your product..just be honest and forth comming. Way too much of this going on in the aftermarket world, and i do think it all comes out in the end and hurts the selling of an already good product. I for one can tell you it sours alot of people. Just shows character in a not so possitive way. JMO

I'm not following you, nobody is be dishonest. Skinz tests EVERYTHING they make and I know for a fact that these have been on the snow since December which is why they decided to do a late release instead of in fall. They've built something different and tweaked the stock set up a little to improve on a good thing. It's definitely not for everyone, Z-Broz, Holtz, Timbersled all offer a front end so it's not for you you have other options.

There isn't another company like Skinz out there, honest hard working, innovative people which is why we love them!

P
Jan 22, 2013
leduc, alberta
let's see if I get this......

Polaris uses "made in India" pistons and made in who knows where crankshafts....hundreds if not thousands of motors go down

Numerous reports and photos of failed polaris a-arms

Cole Willford wins 600 Mod with the new Skinz a-arm package. Another used car saleseman tactic.

We're not sure if they're any better than stock...after all, what can 2 inches of steering geometry do, and i'm sure if ya glued some broom handles into the stock arms, they'd be lighter than the skinz.....

What a bunch of armchair racer wannabees.

Great product, Skinz.....congrats on the win.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008

Polaris uses "made in India" pistons and made in who knows where crankshafts....hundreds if not thousands of motors go down

Cole Willford wins 600 Mod with the new Skinz a-arm package. Another used car saleseman tactic.

We're not sure if they're any better than stock...after all, what can 2 inches of steering geometry do, and i'm sure if ya glued some broom handles into the stock arms, they'd be lighter than the skinz.....

What a bunch of armchair racer wannabees.

sorry, gave you a thumbs down by accident.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID

What a bunch of armchair racer wannabees and internet engineers.

Yep

Premium Features