• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski Doo Promotion

A
Nov 26, 2007
ANC, AK
have any of you looked at the Skidoo dvd that was sent out with the latest Snowest magazine? It looks like they went out of there way to make Arctic Cat look bad!

D
Nov 26, 2007
Kettle Falls WA
Since when does anyone have to go out of their way to make a Cat look bad??? ;)

same could be said for any manufacturer

07 M8 ran like an average 600 with factory specs, spend a little time clutching and it's a different sled, still won't out run a strong XP in those conditions. Add 4 foot of fluff then it might be a different story.
Take the $ you saved not buying an XP and add it to the M8 and say goodby to the XP's forever :cool:

Better yet extrapulate how much $ you'd purchase in belts alone (145 bux a pop?) /30 mi per belt and you could afford a Tbo + fuel and lightweight mods for the M sled in approx 2 years!

Stick that in your bong and smoke it :eek:

U

Uller

Nov 26, 2007
Greater NW
My favorite part was when they ran through the stutter bumps. All other sleds (non doo) were run through @ 1/2 throttle while the XP is sent through at WFO. Good Comparison? Think not.

At least it could have been a blind comparison kinda like the Coke/Pepsi commercials. :)

Shwinecat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Milbank, SD
Check out the Boon Docking comparisons. I could not believe what I was seeing. I then replayed it and watch closely how much more of the rider"s shoulder and body is in the snow on the Skidoo. Then watch the rider switch directions in the middle of the figure 8. The rider casual switches directions on the Artic Cat and then agressively throughs his body the other way when riding the Skidoo. It would be cool to see several independant people do the test to see the results.

A
Nov 26, 2007
ANC, AK
I thought the SNOWEST 800 shootout had the Dragon as the overall leader with AC and Skidoo having their individual area's of dominance. I believe the M-8 lead in sidehilling and boondocking.

B

BRUSHMASTER

Nov 26, 2007
Northern, MN
I watched it once and then threw it on the floor of the truck I do agree dosnt matter what the chalenge but the xp would beat everything. We all know you could have the best sled made that weighs 350 lb. and has 300HP. and you still couldnt climb hill if you cant handle the sled.

C

cowkiller

Nov 26, 2007
Eugene Or.
really you guys think it was rigged?

the brake must of been locked on the m8
what a bunch of horsesh!t! It is hard to belive they would try to persude people based on that lousy production. I wonder who they think their market is.
We should all mail them back to ski-doo.

H

Highmarker

Nov 20, 2004
In the west!
I agree that was a ridiculus attempt at marketing. But if the rev chassis would take care of the M8 then I know it will be no problem for the XP.

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
I had to think that Ski Doo must think that Cat is their closest competitors to go out of their way to make them look bad! What a Joke. If they sell any sleds because of that video I hope they don’t buy a Cat because their stupid!:mad:

S
Nov 27, 2007
Centerville Utah
Funny that they didn't talk about how Cat abused them all year on the hill climb curcuit and made them look like 2nd rate school girls, by winning over 60% of the classes. And for what it's worth the M8 out performed there 800 last year hands down. The proof is on RMSHA website, where your see the M8 with MORE wins. So if the M8 is dosen't run like there video would have you think, what does that say for them??? They better have something for Cat this year cuz last year they were stomped ALL YEAR LONG!

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
the poli was a 700 with a 155, the cat was a 800 with a 153 and the skud was a 800 with a 163. yami was real too. also the carveing part its all the rider the sled has absalute **** all to do with how well to carve a figure 8

S

schmeric

Nov 28, 2007
ran 08 m8 153 stock vs 07 rev 800r 151 with pipe today. in a straight out race the m8 won every time. this was my first time on my m8 and i was very happy with the power. last i checked the xp has the 800r.

S

schmeric

Nov 28, 2007
all i have to work with is running across open fields right now but i am going to the mountains in 2 weeks with 3 07 revs 2 05 revs and 3 m8s so i will know more then. skidoos are very good sleds but i think every on has been to hard on the m8s. the guy that i raced can beat all of those other skidoos ever since he put his pipe on.

Premium Features