• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-Doo 2023 REVEAL

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Nope, haven't rode one, but would like to. Stagnant is more than fair with regard to dry weight, as discussed. Would be good to see some weights after running around in the snow, but that's easier said than done. If you're talking about things like "feels lighter," I'll happily defer to someone who owns one, but that's obviously not what I was saying.
That's fine but they are better in every way. People get too fixated on dry weight. 408 was an 800. They have lost weight but haven't made it up with what they gained. You could put a single cylinder in it if so concerned but how would it run? So i guess i don't think stagnant is fair. Apples to oranges

801_FuNk_801

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2008
Ogden, Ut
I went with the big gauge in hopes that it will include buddy tracking by the time they are released or shortly after. That is not a difficult software addition to make, IMO.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
That's fine but they are better in every way. People get too fixated on dry weight. 408 was an 800. They have lost weight but haven't made it up with what they gained. You could put a single cylinder in it if so concerned but how would it run? So i guess i don't think stagnant is fair. Apples to oranges
I agree that dry weights are just part of the story, and blindly cutting weight usually means bad compromises. Seeing the Matryx gain weight was kind of a disappointment, but considering how much heavier my sled's tail is after a day of riding, I can believe the Slash is actually significantly lighter in practice. No question it's better to ride. I'm still hoping for some real movement in terms of lighter weight in the next 5-10 years; the technology is there, but I don't think any accounting department would green-light the R&D investment, given the market.

J
Nov 20, 2021
Revelstoke
That’s a massive deal breaker for me … holy crap. Can’t keep a machine two seasons and sell without losing a huge amount now, I definitely don’t make enough money to flip sleds every year

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
It doesn't cost much to flip every year if you take care of your stuff. Been on that program for ten years now, and trust me, I ain't rich, lol. With 2-3 sleds per year. I sold my 21 146 Freeride for $250 less than I paid brand new, with 901 miles. Can't beat that.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta

Cool thanks.
If the nav on the new gauge Didn’t need a app, I probably would of got it In the hopes of the group ride to be added at a later date.

I do not feel comfortable at the moment having my phone on to use nav on that new gauge. I’m probably overthinking it but I’m not a avalanche beacon expert, I’m just remembering my avy training.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
It doesn't cost much to flip every year if you take care of your stuff. Been on that program for ten years now, and trust me, I ain't rich, lol. With 2-3 sleds per year. I sold my 21 146 Freeride for $250 less than I paid brand new, with 901 miles. Can't beat that.
so how much off of MSRP is your dealer giving you to be able to do this? Do you pay setup& freight? Most dealers I know are very proud of their snow checks.

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brutal theres only 2 years warranty even ordering a NA, big difference from the 4 years i got on my 19.

Premium Features