• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sicamous Snow 2015/2016

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
I figure someone had to start this thread for the new season! I was driving through Golden yesterday morning and saw they had a pretty decent dump of snow up on their peaks around town. That and monsoon rain through the Pass and a temp of 37F at the summit, hopefully this'll all work its way towards us and we'll be sledding in a week or two! Ya, well, maybe a month. Pictures don't turn out well at 70mph! Sherm

Snow.jpg

B

BC_mtn_rider

Nov 11, 2012
Surrey B.C.
Sure hope you get snow up there cuz we're in a world of hurt this season down on the coast with all the El Nina predictions
I'm keeping my fingers crossed but doesn't sound good.

Snowedunder

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Keeping my fingers crossed also. As long as the freezing levels are just in the right spot we could get lots, or will have to do some driving.

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
Snow!

I just thought I'd get everyone's attention. My chopper buddy did a fly over to Kickinghorse and his snow report is that everything above 5500' is white, for what its worth. I guess something is better than nothing and if its starting to build up now it might be OK come December! Sherm

D
Oct 20, 2012
Hi Sherman:
Just got back in Canada October 30 to Sica and then drove west to Calgary November 2. Approaching Revy snow down low on the tree line and cooler weather in the forecast so I'm really believing that late November we should be rockin it. Revelstoke Mountain Resort web cams show decent snow at 6800ft..

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
Snow!

Hot off the presses! Sepp and I took the quad's up Owl's this AM, made it to 19km and turned around! We could have trenched further but as you get closer to Blue the snow would have gotten deeper and we'd really have been fubar'd. Anyways, snow starts about 13km, just a skiff, about 2" at 14km, it wasn't until 16km that there was a good 6" and then at 19.5km where we turned around there was a good foot of snow. Nice fluffy stuff, about -2 up top. I personally wouldn't drag my trailer up that crap road 15km to sled but then that's just me. 14km is to thin, you'd be digging up gravel all the way but after that straight stretch you could launch and have a trail ride if nothing else! Sherm

151104a.jpg 151104b.jpg

D
Oct 20, 2012
Hot off the presses! Sepp and I took the quad's up Owl's this AM, made it to 19km and turned around! We could have trenched further but as you get closer to Blue the snow would have gotten deeper and we'd really have been fubar'd. Anyways, snow starts about 13km, just a skiff, about 2" at 14km, it wasn't until 16km that there was a good 6" and then at 19.5km where we turned around there was a good foot of snow. Nice fluffy stuff, about -2 up top. I personally wouldn't drag my trailer up that crap road 15km to sled but then that's just me. 14km is to thin, you'd be digging up gravel all the way but after that straight stretch you could launch and have a trail ride if nothing else! Sherm

Awesome, after last winter at least were starting with decent early season snow conditions. Thanks the info...

Beauford t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Mara B.C.
Keep the updates coming !!
I just moved from Smithers to Mara, but work out of country.
Will be back and learning the area mid dec!!!

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
New Snow!

For what its worth, had to shovel the driveway twice already this morning and the snow is supposed to continue on through tomorrow! The hills are all a white out around town so it could be good for middle of the week!

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
Well, we did the first trip of the season and none of us were disappointed! Billdozer, Rightsideup and myself took "the back route", fearing the Owl's trail could be FUBAR'd . What we found up on the "back route" was 2.5' of untouched snow, all the way to the Owl's cabin trail! It was a beaut of a day, sunshine and blue sky as long as you stayed up on top. We stopped at Owl's, trail is the absolute sh$#'s, thought I'd mention that. From Owl's we headed over to Blue, the trail is the absolute sh*%'s, thought I'd mention that. There is a pretty good dump of snow but the trail is totally rutted out, kinda like 452 sleds had gone across it. Blue was pretty much untouched, although we didn't try dropping down into to many spots, pretty much "hero snow" everywhere, seems to have set up pretty nice. Whoever is going to groom that trail the first time had better take a couple of extra chain saw chains along as there is a ton of wood across the trail all along from 23km on, its a mess!
Great day you two, other than Billdozer continually falling over for some reason, then the other guy getting stuck right on the road, and then there was that side trail that Billdozer thought was some other road that didn't really work out for us! Rightsideup's sled really tractors through stumps and tree's though, thanks for letting me ride it! Had a blast, but we need a wee bit more snow to be able to have more fun. Get that foot dryed off there Billdozer, pretty thin ice still!! Sherm

151125a.jpg 151125b.jpg 151125c.jpg 151125d.jpg

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
Queest

So, we had a team to tackle Queest today, Billdozer, Rightsideup, drinkerstate and myself, sounds like trouble already don't it! While we thought we'd have some clear patches up top, it turned out to be fogged in all day long, but that doesn't mean we didn't find trouble! Well, I didn't, but everyone else did.........................? We dropped down below the cabin to start, Rightsideup had a few issues negotiating the first hills he tried. So, we move up a ledge to the area just below the towers and played in the tree's there. Even though drinkerstate denies having any "problems" I did manage a pic of him sneaking his sled out of a hole he dug, ya Sled-dawg, you! Then if it wasn't him it was Billdozer having gyro issues again, or was it Rightsideup, I lost track! And, just for the record, I tossed in a pic of my sled which looks like it was stuck but it wasn't really, Sled-dawg kept bugging me about what was written on the bottom of my sled so I just flipped it up over so he could read it, ya, that's what happened, the 4' trench was there before I got there. Anyways, considering the whiteout stuff, we had a blast of a day, about 5" of fresh, it had setup pretty good, and there weren't to many places we couldn't go, although the odd hole would show up now and again. Thanks guys, lets pick a clear day next time and really burn some fuel! We unloaded at the bottom but the road was solid ice up to 3km on the way up and dirt showing through on the way down, need a dump, of snow that is. Once you get to 6km its pretty decent, enough snow on the sides to grab and keep things from melting, great conditions up top!.............Sherm

151204a.jpg 151204b.jpg 151204c.jpg 151204d.jpg 151204e.jpg

D
Oct 20, 2012
Deny, Deny, Deny

Great Account of a terrific day, Guess I would have had to been riding "Orange" in order to see the world in the shades you describe: That stealthy supposed picture of drinterstate / sled-dawg could be anyone however I do appreciate you showing me your bottom!!! LOL

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
Great Account of a terrific day, Guess I would have had to been riding "Orange" in order to see the world in the shades you describe: That stealthy supposed picture of drinterstate / sled-dawg could be anyone however I do appreciate you showing me your bottom!!! LOL

No problem, my bottoms an open book! Wait, that's not correct, just for my proctologist, but he don't sled! Must be those new 509's giving me the wrong image of the world! Catch up with you maybe this week for round 2!............

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
We had a big crew at Blue today! Bill, Brian, Bob, Mike, Kari-Lee (just guessing at the spelling!) and of course the tour guide yours truly. The road up Owls is bad, I parked at 5km and there was still slush and dirt after that, didn't need chains though but definitely good winter tires and not them all season junkers.

Sledding? Stupid deep snow, especially on the hills behind the cabin, I can't remember seeing so many sleds stuck at once! I think I broke my old record and had 4 go down at once! There was so much untouched in the area we didn't venture to far, didn't have to really. We did a trip through the meadows though, it seemed to be more tracked up than below the cabin and there are some gravy spots left untouched "around there", nuff said! Great day folks, had a blast and good to meet you, we'll have to meet up again. Its sure is nice having other sledders that watch out for everyone and can recognize their abilities and don't push it, makes for a very enjoyable day! One of the pics has Billdozer with his brand new Poo on the very first hill he tried, atta boy!!!!! Sherm

151209a.jpg 151209b.jpg 151209c.jpg 151209d.jpg

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
Owls

Another banner day up on the hill, this time up Owls. Original plan was Blue but SOMEONE's Poo broke at the launch site and he had to take it back to get it fixed. So, it started out with 3 of us, Brian, Mark and myself, but by the afternoon we must have had.............................I don't, 8, 9 sledders! We spent most of our time in Billdozer's secret spot not to far from the cabin and found some untracked snow, and then over to Eco and worked that area a bit. Not much fresh snow overnight, 4-5" maybe, pretty much hero snow everywhere, even in the trees. We had a huge contingent of Saskatoonites along, they had a problem with a few trees wells, apparently they don't have trees in Saskatchewan or something. Regardless, great bunch to sled with, not to many stucks today, well, other than Billdozer falling over, again, and then getting stuck on level ground, again. Billdozer, at our age we can't do donuts anymore, our gyro's are hooped, stay upright for gods sake! And yes Warren, I remember our date on Monday, just get that limp thing of yours fixed first! You guys all have a great weekend, we'll meet up again! Sherm

151211a.jpg 151211b.jpg 151211c.jpg

F

fastrack0

Mar 28, 2014
Penticton, BC
So that was you shermanator having lunch in the cabin Friday around noon? Have been reading your posts on here for a while and didn't clue in that was you with the red doo. Maybe one of these days I'll join you guys for a ride :)

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
Blue

Ahhh, got a orange sled, not red?? It was a nice pic, thanks!

So, Billdozer and I were doing a duo trip up to Blue today but met up with Jason and Wade outta Kelowna and they asked if they could tag along, newbies to the hill! They hadn't sled with either of us before so that was their first mistake! I want to congratulate the groomer for the great job on the trail up to the Owl's turnoff, but what happened to the Blue trail, holy crap, she's hooped! We thought it was bad going in, it was 10 times worse going out. I know Unc Gord's gonna read this and I know they're on it, good job men!

With hopes of clear skies sometime during our ride, our hopes were dashed and we wound up with ice fog and just plain fog with zero vis many times. That didn't stop us from "showing" our guests around though, and just below the cabin we found some deep snow, as the ever keen rider Billdozer displayed in one of the pictures! I actually ran out of memory on the camera with Billdozer and his "rollovers" and other antics, I'm thinking of renaming him "Barrel Roll" for the nifty way he can roll his sled onto its side, anywhere! OK, from below the cabin we passed the dope smokers at the cabin, they got theirs later. We did the lower meadows, bad vis but tons of snow in some spots, then headed to Cumming's where Jason had a hole issue with his T3, but it did eventually tractor out, quite amazing. We then hit one of the new logging roads on the bottom side of Cumming's and thanks to Billdozer there is a pic of a orange sled, which appears stuck, but in actuality I was merely marking the area where a creek was for the other guys, that's just what I do. We buzzed around that area for a bit and then headed downhill where we ran into the dopers who had buried just about all their sleds in the creek beds around 19km. Bill and I were actually stupid enough to go and help the guys out but when we saw 4 young bucks standing on top of the bank peering down at us breaking our backs, we got the one sled up and then headed out, lazy ****s!

How many words am I allowed for these posts???? Anyways, considering the zero vis most of the day, we had a blast, great to meet you two, give us a shout anytime to go out again, really enjoyed your company! Unloaded at 5km......

151214a.jpg 151214b.jpg 151214c.jpg 151214e.jpg

Premium Features