• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

show me the ropes in the Tahoe area ?

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Friday is looking like a great day to ride. Showing SUNNY all day at Sierraville and Graeagle forecast. Just give me one bluebird day to enjoy all this snow!!

Z
Apr 21, 2010
Me and a buddy are heading to Tahoe on Tuesday for the week, staying in Incline. Anybody around and want to show a couple guys around? We are very experienced, got all the gear. We're on snowbikes.
Had to: As they say, you should have been here today OMG ! Prepare, prepare for STOKE !

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Going to hit Gold on Friday with two others. Hopefully, we'll be able to do the loop from Round down to Spencer. Would be nice to drop into Jamison this year, like the good old days. Anyways, if one or two of you want to join, here's an invite!

Pic is from yday.

Screenshot_20230118_092708_Messages.jpg

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
About an 8. Climbing out of Mud and Wade's combined with the deep snow, would make it slightly difficult.

We have 5 riders for tmrw. But, I am also doing a ride on Sunday that would be easier. Maybe Blue Lakes on Sunday. What is your skill level?

Z
Apr 21, 2010
What ? Are you a guide now ? Sounds like Hawaii with some guys giving tours to local unknown spots to tourists for $ !!
Nah joking, true back there, but joking here.
Im not completely done with sled yet , trailer done though, just one side. Could finish today or tomorrow but would like little ride first instead of total exploration .

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Not a guide. Just serious about expanding my circle of riding buddies and been riding the Sierras for 25 years. Nothing worse than seeing your old riding buddies no longer riding and you left looking for someone to shred the fresh pow and bluebird sky.

P
Dec 5, 2021
Lake Tahoe
i'm glad i asked. i'm not ready for an 8 trail. but sure, Sunday is doable.
riding level is hard to judge, let's just say i shouldn't be trying to sidehill on anything high or with obstacles in the impact zone.
according to the 'next level riding' guy's level system(i can't spot it right now, 1-4), i'm probably a level 2 rider....not afraid of the throttle, but inconsistent results.
how i can be an expert at every other motor vehicle and not this one is baffling me a bit. 50 years on a dirtbike and 15 years roadracing. i haven't put in the sled hours yet i suppose.
let me know when/where and i'll give it a shot.

Z
Apr 21, 2010
No, I've seen that before in others too. Like you say they def. into dirt bike , maybe car racing/building, etc., but not in tune with the sled and its aspects.
Scene 'em quit, their egos hurt ?, step back 3 paces.. Its almost like you have to be a young kid 5 years old and say to yourself thats what Im going to do some day. Maybe the water sports and old school skating does help. Your internal HUD does need to be working almost all the time.
Have that recalibrated, or what they call it ? jk
ok, lets put that new rail tip on before it spears track

P
Dec 5, 2021
Lake Tahoe
yeah, it's easy to forget about the 1000 dirtbike crashes it took. The one time i rode a timbersled, it was easy, but it was heavy.
So i figured, eh, a turbo snowmobile would be more manageable. i was so wrong, so far.

P
Dec 5, 2021
Lake Tahoe
snowmobiles
walking around without bail money
artist chicks
old fireworks
windsurfing
riding coolers on top of skateboards on any kind of down slope
tweakers
relatives
big pharma
general contracters
hookers
govt workers
lawyers
cave or cliff diving

bwmech

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2018
i'm glad i asked. i'm not ready for an 8 trail. but sure, Sunday is doable.
riding level is hard to judge, let's just say i shouldn't be trying to sidehill on anything high or with obstacles in the impact zone.
according to the 'next level riding' guy's level system(i can't spot it right now, 1-4), i'm probably a level 2 rider....not afraid of the throttle, but inconsistent results.
how i can be an expert at every other motor vehicle and not this one is baffling me a bit. 50 years on a dirtbike and 15 years roadracing. i haven't put in the sled hours yet i suppose.
let me know when/where and i'll give it a shot.
I've rode with MR. Kool Aid before his 8 is like most others 4. LOL JK

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Hopefully, we'll be able to do the loop from Round down to Spencer. Would be nice to drop into Jamison this year, like the good old days.
Hey Raymond - Your mention of Jamison brings back fond memories. Attaching some pics from 4-17-2010 and 4-23-2010. Took Felix in on the 17th and my buddy, Bob(Carson City), in on the 23rd. Dropped the chute down to Jamison and headed over to Wades and out. Yup, the good old days. Need to get back in there.

127-2773_IMG.JPG 127-2774_IMG.JPG 127-2775_IMG.JPG 127-2776_IMG.JPG 127-2782_IMG.JPG 127-2784_IMG.JPG 127-2785_IMG.JPG 127-2786_IMG.JPG

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Gold Lakes is soooo good right now. Had a great ride yday. Great pics of Jamison Z! Was told my someone in parking lot that Jamison was now off limits. Anybody hear about some remapping of the area? First I heard about it.

Anyways, I am going back tmrw.

Ben, how's Hinkey? Need to hit that and Elko soon.

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Raymond - I'm not sure what the status of Jamison is currently. A couple years back I heard the ridge above Mud was the line and Jamison, Wades and that area was closed. The Sierra Access Coalition was fighting with Plumas County to keep that area open. Not sure what the final result was/is. I'll see what SAC says. Ride safe.

Premium Features