• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Schooled 6... disappointing.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
I suppose just like Jorli found out with the Fourcast series you need big money from sponsors to pull it off or a film doesn't get made and if they give you the money you better be pimping the **** out of their product.

We are a very small group and $30 a dvd probably doesn't go far.

Kinda sad because I think the Schooled 1-3 and maybe even 4 were awesome and a great tool for new riders.

B

boondocker155

Sep 5, 2013
I don't see those guys doing impressive bow ties on stock sleds. Don't know about you guys but my sled won't wheelie on a hill in 3 feet of pow?

I kinda doubt that they'll give to much instruction in a movie. They want you to drive to them and give them like 400 bucks a day for the privilege of riding with them and being in their company... There's not enough profit in a 30 dollar movie for them to tell their "secrets". That's kinda my feeling about it.. And I don't believe in the 1200 dollar shocks either. I'd rather spend a day finding new spots to shred with my friends and my dad.

All that being said. I like watching the new sled videos. It passes the summer time. I'm just ready to ride!

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
The schooled series has been slowly getting worse, 4 and 5 both Chris has started slipping in "we suck and he is the best" comments. Everyone has had such a Burandt crush that alot of people have not really seen it. But it has wiggled its ugly head now!! I wont spend a dime on the Burandt money train ever again!

I will give him this, he is a fantasic rider! But he needs to work on his people skills for the movies.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I was really surprised to even see them come out with a 6th movie this year. 1-3 are good instructional videos for learning, 4 is OK, 5 was reaching pretty hard (pin and wiggle so you don't get stuck, or if you do you are augured in to where you can't get it out yourself). I bought 6 just because I like to see that type of riding footage. Didn't expect to see much "schooling."

You can only learn so much from watching a video. After that it is up to you to get out and practice. Until you are comfortable with the basics, you will not get better. I wonder if Brett Rasmussen feels the same way? No commentary from him in 5 or 6, just some riding footage.

One thing I'm surprised they haven't talked about much in the series is how much of a mental game it is to become a better rider. After I got over the mentality of "I can't do that" and started thinking "I bet I CAN do that," things really started changing for me. I hear people say "I can't" all the time and won't every try anything new. The sleds we have these days are amazing. Just need to have confidence in them and your abilities. Now I'm not talking about everybody trying things as extreme as climbing a chute or taking off on a 45 degree slope sideways through the trees. Just things like when there is an open area on a hill with an open runout, try a downhill u-turn 10 times in a row and see how comfortable you are with it. If your sled gets loose or you get stuck, no negative consequences.

Diamond8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Tri-Cities Washington
Just as the original poster.........I always look forwarded to the sled vids to help get everyone stoked for the season ahead but Schooled 6 was disappointing......it made me feel like I spent $25 for an advertisement.......oh well.......I have spent more than that on other worthless things lol. But all that aside I probably will not purchase a schooled film again.

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
Glad I didn't purchase the newest schooled this year...

Apparently Rasmussen is making his own movie this year? Heard him mention it at the Puyallup snow show seminar he put on.. Anyone else have any info on it? He said it would be basically a straight up teaching film, more like schooled 1-3.

I was talking to him at the Denver Snow Show and yes he did say he was going to release a new DVD that really focuses on teaching and technique, it should be out pretty soon I think!

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
6 was really really bad. I wish someone would come out with a movie titled "Stock." I cant relate to a $20000 sled, let alone smashing one and just going back to the trailer and getting out another one.

J
Sep 21, 2013
Vancouver, WA
I was talking to him at the Denver Snow Show and yes he did say he was going to release a new DVD that really focuses on teaching and technique, it should be out pretty soon I think!

Good to hear that! Hopefully it goes back to the schooled 1-3 type of film. He does an awesome job at describing/breaking down things that happen in the films.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I gave up on sledding videos a few years ago when 75% of the video shot was technical tree riding (Schooled series included). If I see 1 more second of technical (BORING) tree riding I'm going to puke. I've been replaying my decade old stuff where sledders actually rode in open terrain.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I gave up on sledding videos a few years ago when 75% of the video shot was technical tree riding (Schooled series included). If I see 1 more second of technical (BORING) tree riding I'm going to puke. I've been replaying my decade old stuff where sledders actually rode in open terrain.

Nice!
You are a bamf hero for sure.
Show us all you're riding videos?
We will wait with baited breath.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010

What's your address? I got some crap thunderstruck ones you might like. haha

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I don't think that it's because it sucked. I think people are just bored with the same olé same ole. It is like when the first few sled necks or thunderstrucks were out you thought they were awesome but after 15 they aren't as cool anymore. Don't buy the videos that I used to.

D
Nov 20, 2005
I bought schooled 1-4 ...I watched 1&2 the most,3 I watched some and I cant remember 4.. maybe I will go watch it.. I am sure I didn't get anything out of it or I would have been watching it

Premium Features