• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding the Mountain Horse - Pics

jbmilek

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
How about handwarmers?

I've ridden bikes in the winter and cold hands suck.

P.S. Looks friggin awesome.

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
DSC_6951.jpg

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
One almost has to ride with Allen to get an idea of were you can take these bikes. I would have never dreamed of going the places he took us on our first demo ride.

As said above a group of 2 or more bikes is a absolute blast.

L

lcc

Apr 25, 2008
We went with allen on sat and had a blast, we rode with lincoln williams and he posted some pics on his polarisfreeride.com site Chad and I had a great time
we weere worried about being cold but after 6 hours we were having to much fun and I never really got even cold hands, but then again I was wearing mf wot gloves didn't even get wet hands. but I did hit the ground a few times
laughing all the way

Thanks Allen Big Kudos to you and the bikes

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
I do most of my boondocking/riding in the U.P of Michigan, LOTS of trees. Some hills would be a blast, but the trees are to tight to get a sled into them, I'm no Burandt. LOL. This thing looks like it would be the ideal unit to have for me. Any used ones around yet? LOL.

PhantomCat

Phantom Goblin
Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2008
NW Montana
Thank you fourthmeal and Admin for the great right ups and nice pics! I can say that I have been intrigued with the snowbike concept for some time now..I also have not wanted to put out the cash for what has been offered in the past. Now..all I can say is I WANT ONE!!

V
Jan 3, 2008
Eastern Wshington
Sounds intriguing but I'm not sold.... Questions..

What kind of base is required for these machines to be a legitimate option?

How deep of snow can they really navigate .. and still be fun?

How much does the TS system cost?

Thanks for the write up. Looks interesting at least.

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
As a dealer and talking with Allen last night he going to have some great spring check options he sold out this year so again there will be only a set amount built based on the springcheck.

As far as snow if it's over the handlebars I would opt to take the sleds out but how often does that happen???

Sounds intriguing but I'm not sold.... Questions..

What kind of base is required for these machines to be a legitimate option?

How deep of snow can they really navigate .. and still be fun?

How much does the TS system cost?

Thanks for the write up. Looks interesting at least.

How much base? I feel more comfortable with less base on my bike than my sled because your more agile and narrower. You can maneuver around obsticals easier.

How deep? We have ridden in snow that was handle bar deep, and had a blast. The mountain horse does not like to get stuck, it just keeps moving along. There are no running boards for it to bottom out on, so it just digs until it finds traction. I really didn't think it was possible for this thing to do what it does.
Deep snow does limit you're speed though, and creates some problems with the bike such as snow in the air box and a frozen carb.

Retail cost is 5,000.00

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
On those thumpers is there issues with the proximity of the hot pipe and your pants? Hate to burn up good snow pants.

Any knowledge of how big-bore 2 strokes like the kit?

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
Yes but if your careful you will be ok my Klim stuff has done ok you can tell it has been hot a few times though. Some models are fine others are worse.

I am going to send my stuff off this so it can take the heat if I lean up against the pipe for a bit

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
One almost has to ride with Allen to get an idea of were you can take these bikes.

No kidding. He is extremely creative with his way of thinking when he's on the bikes. You get caught up in thinking like a snowmobiler, and he just goes blowing past you on some insane line. He had a few mottos for us to ride by. One was "If the gap between two trees is wide enough for the ski to go through, you'll make it."

Premium Features