• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding the Mountain Horse - Pics

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Weekend Pictures

Here's a couple pictures from the weekend. I was flat amazed at the stuff this bike would do. Impressive. It isn't going to out run a sled in an open area, but in the trees and on the hillsides there is no comparison. It flat out works.

(Dave, thanks for the test ride)

Thunder

DSC02006.jpg DSC02012.jpg DSC02034.jpg DSC02036.jpg Denny Creek (16).jpg

SNOADDICT

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
mountainhorse for sale

Hey guys i currently own one of these beasts they are a blast, but due to unforseen circumstances im going to have to let it go. Its in the snohawk swapmeet take a look. Im in Alberta by the way.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Now that guys are getting some hours in,

How are these holding up? How are the motors doing? How is chain wear? How is sprocket wear and life?

Any unforseen issues, or little things that you have changed on your own to make it better or ideas you have?

Timbersled

Premium Member
Apr 22, 2008
Ryan, thanks for the grate rite up about the Snow Bikes. They sure are a different Experience then a sled. They get to all the same places but in a totally different rout. This making your same old riding area new and different. The bikes are something that you have to try out first to be able to understand the differents between sled and bike. Any one that would like to go on a full day demo ride can contact me at timbersled@timbersled.com to schedule a ride day in Sandpoint Idaho.

Allen

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Allen,

What are you seeing for wear and tear with the system and on the bikes?

Anyone having any real issues?

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
well

Guess I'm gonna have to get a bike again..... Those things are lookin good, wouldn't have considered one until Allen's kit.....

To you sir, I say...... Excellent work..

oh, and thanks for the write up..

Mtn. Muncher

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
Chain and sprockets have been the only wear and tear parts on my kit. The one off the engine runs in the snow all the time. They need to be lubed with chain wax every ride. The rest of the kit has been rock solid.:face-icon-small-hap

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Chain and sprockets have been the only wear and tear parts on my kit. The one off the engine runs in the snow all the time. They need to be lubed with chain wax every ride. The rest of the kit has been rock solid.:face-icon-small-hap

Is the sprocket lasting or have you had to replace it?

How much harder is the wear on the chain and sprockets vs riding dirt?

Is the sprocket lasting or have you had to replace it?

How much harder is the wear on the chain and sprockets vs riding dirt?

My kit has roughly 40 hours of use. The sprockets on the kit are toast, yet the counter shaft sprocket on my bike is the original on the bike and it looks new still after 118 hours. My 2moto kit has two seasons on the sprockets (about 80 hr) and they aren't showing much wear at all. All sprockets have received the same maintenance.

I'm really hoping that timbersled will have a steel sprocket available soon that costs less and lasts longer. At $75 ea for the sprockets plus the cost of two chains, you're looking at nearly $400 for 40hr of use. Too much IMO.

I've put the wheels back on and ended my season short because of it. Maybe I'm just to cheap.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
My kit has roughly 40 hours of use. The sprockets on the kit are toast, yet the counter shaft sprocket on my bike is the original on the bike and it looks new still after 118 hours. My 2moto kit has two seasons on the sprockets (about 80 hr) and they aren't showing much wear at all. All sprockets have received the same maintenance.

I'm really hoping that timbersled will have a steel sprocket available soon that costs less and lasts longer. At $75 ea for the sprockets plus the cost of two chains, you're looking at nearly $400 for 40hr of use. Too much IMO.

I've put the wheels back on and ended my season short because of it. Maybe I'm just to cheap.

YIKES!!!

Wonder why there isn't a steal sprocket for it? That does seem odd. Guess that's something to watch for in future models as a guy thinks about getting one.

Premium Features