• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding Buddies Season 2008-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
T
Nov 27, 2007
Los Alamos, NM
FYI, I posted up some pics on your new thread. I was happy that one of us got to be a mod. Either way was good for me!

I also wanted to toss in a few suggestions for our subforum. Feel free to use or discard it in it's entirety.

1. Create a google map with the various parking areas. Put a few blurbs in there about the lot (e.g. usually empty/busy, special notes, etc).

2. Perhaps on the same map put a few blurbs about the riding terrain.

3. On that same map you might want to put a few stickies about the local gas stations, which ones have non ethanol, etc.

4. Create a thread with links to the CO parks snowmobile sticker site as well as info on how to get the NM sticker.

5. How about a link to the local SaR in case something bad happens and family doesn't know what to do or who to call. At least you can make it a "bookmark" on your web browser so they could always find that info.

6. Additionally, we should all exchange some phone numbers (via PM) so we can call out the posse if need be. This would be helpful in case someone is stranded, broke down, or if BF decides to drink a little too much at High Country one night. lol. I know we're usually all together but you never know. It's better to be safe than sorry. I could print those numbers off and throw them in my pack. It's funny, I'm normally in service with one of my two cell phones that I carry so this could be a nice little piece of info to have.

7. It would be nice to have a direct link on Snowest that goes straight to the various snotel sites without having to manage the snotel website. We could mark them with a little more userfriendly descriptions than the snotel site too.

Well, I guess that's enough for now. Let me know what you guys think.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Los Alamos, NM
Just so I'm clear about #7, I'm just saying put hyperlinks in a sticky and call it "Northern NM, Southern CO snotel sites." Then we could put a little info on each hyperlink describing each snotel site. This way people won't have to hunt for the info. If they want to know what's happening at Cumbres, they click on that link. No fuss, no muss.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Los Alamos, NM
Well, it's Sunday afternoon. How was everyone's weekend?

I got my trailer ready for this season. Fixed the tongue, cut it down in height, caulked and repainted. Now it doesn't look so much like a gypsy wagon.

Got a big two weeks ahead. End of the fiscal year for the gov't so I have tons of work to do until Sept 30. Then, I'm heading off to Vegas for a week on the 5th of Oct.

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
Well, it's Sunday afternoon. How was everyone's weekend?

I got my trailer ready for this season. Fixed the tongue, cut it down in height, caulked and repainted. Now it doesn't look so much like a gypsy wagon.

Got a big two weeks ahead. End of the fiscal year for the gov't so I have tons of work to do until Sept 30. Then, I'm heading off to Vegas for a week on the 5th of Oct.
Just got back from the movies with my Boy's. We saw 9 its was alright kinda far fetched though.

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
FYI, I posted up some pics on your new thread. I was happy that one of us got to be a mod. Either way was good for me!

I also wanted to toss in a few suggestions for our subforum. Feel free to use or discard it in it's entirety.

1. Create a google map with the various parking areas. Put a few blurbs in there about the lot (e.g. usually empty/busy, special notes, etc).

2. Perhaps on the same map put a few blurbs about the riding terrain.

3. On that same map you might want to put a few stickies about the local gas stations, which ones have non ethanol, etc.

4. Create a thread with links to the CO parks snowmobile sticker site as well as info on how to get the NM sticker.

5. How about a link to the local SaR in case something bad happens and family doesn't know what to do or who to call. At least you can make it a "bookmark" on your web browser so they could always find that info.

6. Additionally, we should all exchange some phone numbers (via PM) so we can call out the posse if need be. This would be helpful in case someone is stranded, broke down, or if BF decides to drink a little too much at High Country one night. lol. I know we're usually all together but you never know. It's better to be safe than sorry. I could print those numbers off and throw them in my pack. It's funny, I'm normally in service with one of my two cell phones that I carry so this could be a nice little piece of info to have.

7. It would be nice to have a direct link on Snowest that goes straight to the various snotel sites without having to manage the snotel website. We could mark them with a little more userfriendly descriptions than the snotel site too.

Well, I guess that's enough for now. Let me know what you guys think.
There are some good ideas in there, but I think if we decide we want the google stuff it will take a colaboration from everyone. And I am not sure if we really want to promote our riding area very much.

A little inspiration from last year!!

IMG_0220.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features