• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

reverse on a phazer? help

N
Jan 25, 2011
i use on a while ago and it was really hard to get into reverse took alot of rocking the sled and time. i will be using it again next weekend and need reverse is there any way to make this go easier?

kozmo

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
IOWA
yamaha had an update on this they went to a different belt and added a shim in the secondary. I think this was on the 07 and 08. other wise make sure the idle is not turned up to high, it causes drag on the secondary and it will not shift into reverse

S
Dec 18, 2008
Laramie, Wyoming
Get the update done but even with the update done it is still not a smooth shift back and forth. My wifes still needs rocked to get it to shift. Before the update sometimes it wouldn't shift at all. So it is better but still not good. Just live with it now.

RX-1MT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Butte Montana
There is a new belt out there that with the shim update done yamaha says it fixed the problem we have a few around here that seem to be working fine the belt is a 8GK-17641-00-00.

H

HDEMWET

Nov 19, 2010
i live in swastika, ont. canada
the push button reverse has lots of problems, or so says my dealer, i'd wondered why the phazers had them but the nytros didn't and he said there was a lot of partial shift problems, nice idea when they get it perfected.

Premium Features