• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Redline's HO turbo and Linecraft skid review

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
ae55bfa35bf7cddfc98c0d4063d5189e.jpg

Had installed Redline's HO turbo kit on my 850 this last month after having to take the Sibler kit off from catastrophic engine damage in less than 8 hrs of riding and just a less than adaquit customer service and performance from them

Was After a kit with good customer service, and a well thought out engineered kit from flanges to fueling.. Redline's Perfomance has been the best I also seen, and he's out there testing his stuff and changing kits to the better all the time in Revy

He also has fueling down so precise that now with five days riding on it, I have never even heard a blirp or fart from and climbed some stupid stuff with.. taken boost from 6-12 lbs and runs clean... a/f seamed locked on 12-12.2

Comming from a great running impulse and aero kits in the trailer he was well aware it had to run great from first day like it has performed..

Dave takes a lot of pride in his kits and everything well engineered for best performance, and looks, showed me tons of data logs on turbo/ airbox/ volume efficiency, piping/ lengths/ect... well over my knowledge of making and designing proper kit.. his engineering background quickly stands out above others

Also went with his own well built line craft full skid, this has a feature I like over my other sleds with the baker skids is that it has the raptor shocks for great ride and performance in the deep, but for serious steep/deep puls it allows you to add a lockout plate that prevents coupling to a minimum and skis stay fairly planted all the time

His kits and skid are premium priced but I will says and talking with others that have had them Much longer, they all say a pull and go kit.. and I get the feeling he will stand by his stuff and always answers his phone or Facebook webpage.. not like the other guys kit I had!!

Offers a few different stage kits for your own personal choice and rode with him last weekend where on his own sled he's got the w/a intake in airbox and a Garette gt turbo that is good for over 600hp.. we pulled some stupid shoots and ran like a champ.. 150kmh track speeds with a 175 3 inch.. on my kit speeds of 130plus were seen often

Would not endorse his kit unless it really impressed me and it has.. good job redline

a0a6c48fe3cb6cd3976f464f2c11f4bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Well just kicked over 1000 miles with this kit, been pretty decent and no glitches yet, been playing with av gas instead of race fuel and seems to run the same, skid dialed in and climbs like a goat, on same belt

Hope it continues

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
150kmh(93mph) track on a 175” 3” is better than a turbo Yammi.
That is some massive track speed!

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Few more recent pulls, the fuelling has been clean and spot on so far, few rides with over the hood snow and can’t get a miss out of it, chopping throttle Or not, this thing is as clean or better than the impulse kit on 800..

Went with heavier 350lb rear coil over spring on the raptor from the stock 300lb... helping with ski lift in the steep, on the line craft skid

As for track speed and hp, been in the 115-125km/hr on a decent pull and seams to compare close to the stock tdoo with 40hp Sibler tune.. my guess at 7 lbs should be in the 210hp range, and will handle 9 lbs easily with the turn of a knob if need too

Added a cold air snorkel and diamond s hood to the mix over the stock hood, seamed to clean bottom end up even better

Put a post forward steering post in from Brett Rasmussen, seamed to transfer weight more forward and raise bars up, gives myself a better feel of the sled and not hunched over, body leverage works better and a better fun factor, helps in climbs as well
ac1bff4dd5df75a28e09c5dca9a765ee.jpg

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I like your reviews and posts. They are very informative.
I would like you to post a go pro vid of the speedo on a 125kmh(77mph) big climb.
Keep posting ride reviews!

E
Feb 22, 2009
Sounding nice and clean and crispy! How many inches forward does the post forward kit give you? Do you have some pics of the post installed? Does it feel / act more like a vertical post now? I would really like to try your sled out for a couple hot laps with that post Fred. Give me a call on your next trip

Premium Features