• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RACE GAS TESTING OF SPI & STOCK FUEL FILTERS FOR 2013 PRO's

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Well... its been a long time since I've re-visited this.

Since the initial test... with 110 race gas... and no softening of adhesives or deterioration... fully submerged.... I've tried C12 race, AV Gas, 50% ethanol in 91 pump gas, 91 pump with octane booster, straight 91 pump (non ethanol) and now... for 10 days, 100% straight toluene... still no degradation of the filters... both stock and the SPI units.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
IMO...
Every sled should get a fresh fuel filter at the beginning of every season...

AND... important...

Don't start up your sled with fuel that has been siting in it since end of last season...even if you have some kind of excellent "storage" treatment in it.

Drain the tank and fill it with fresh gas.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I used five of the SPIs on three pros over the last two snow seasons with zero issues. The hose lengths have some small variations from stock and each other, but never an issue. Don't see a reason to be hesitant to use them, particularly if you change them at least once a year. My dealer now doesn't even stock the OEMs, even for warranty sleds, SPI only. FWIW.

Premium Features