• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Pro RMK 800 fuel tank pickup and pump

B

boxster7614

Sep 20, 2008
2011 Pro RMK 800 Last time out my fuel pump started whining really loud. Sled ran fine once started, just really bad whine and multiple pulls to start (10-15). I ordered a new pump and new fuel filter.

I just pulled the pump out of the tank and was really surprised to find only half of the fuel pickup came out, I had to go fishing to find the rest of the assembly. The whole thing has disintegrated and the screens on the smart valves were both torn. I ordered a new SPI replacement pickup so I will have to wait until next week to see if this cures my starting issues.

Might be work your time to pull your pumps out and check them. I see a lot of talk here about changing fuel filters but none mention the in tank pickup which looks like it also has a fuel filter on it.
CA83BD73-C092-4D07-8ABB-7819DF247F84.jpegA4F1D11D-468F-4F2A-BEBA-5692DF262060.jpeg

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Threads on these tank lines disintegrating before, good heads up. Reportedly worse if tank sat with ethanol, even in the first year or two; always look at mine with a light every year when I drain the tank before filling with fresh before the first startup each fall. Filters on those early CFI-2's turned into an extreme profit motive by poo. And they will reduce flow and impact runability. I've experienced lean bog on a full throttle stab resolved with just a filter change.

B

boxster7614

Sep 20, 2008
If that’s true Polaris really should have tested the lines for ethanol compatibility. Especially seeing how they have an ethanol setting on the sled. They do make ethanol compatible fuel lines and pumps. Automobiles have been using them for years. The Polaris pump and fuel pickup/smart valves are stamped with Walbro. The replacement fuel pump I bought was made by Quantum picked it up on amazon for $70. Fuel filter and and pickup assembly are both SPI. Hope they hold up better than the Polaris Walbro.

Dec 4, 2007
The in-tank fuel lines on my '08 disintegrated just like yours. The fuel pump whined loudly and it would stumble at anything greater than 1/4 throttle. Replaced the in-tank lines and fuel filter and no more problem. I thought the fuel pump would likely be bad but I did not have to replace it.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I was having my pump whine loudly even after replacement but my pick ups look fine, Then same thing many pulls to start. took out my FPR and the O-ring somehow rolled/failed, That caused my hard starting, Also when the sled was shut off it held 0 fuel pressure which was another tell tale sign.

Premium Features