• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro vs M8

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Doesn't matter how it's happening but more cats down this year than poos. :p

they're all the same....****.

?? More cats are down than any sled in history more like it. blown motors, blown belts, Blown rollers in the clutches and some that still run but cant because they cant even buy a belt. Its a Joke cat has done this! The guy on the Rmk probley gave him the last one because he felt so bad for his buddy.

mtncat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2001
Wyoming
More cats down than any other brand in history? Have not come across any cats down this year or for that matter any brand, all first year sleds come with there teething problems and anybody that has been in this sport thru the years has had some form of this happen. the four brands that are left all make good qaulity product for us to tear up the snow with. we the consumer push the companys to build better snowmobiles
for us to ride, then bitch about what these companys build because it is not the brand of our choice, one thing I have learned is to be humble, also
spreading my wings and owning multi brands has opened my eyes to what each of these companys have to offer and in the end we the consumer win.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Yup good stuff, look at the 08 xp wasnt there like 27 recalls?? Lol i expected some first year issues, although mines been pull and go so far i have several little issues that need addressed for the sled to become an extension of my body :)

We the consumer win for sure! Not many industries are this competitive!
Side by sides are taking off too the new wildcat and rzr xp's were dream rigs 5 years ago!!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
?? More cats are down than any sled in history more like it. blown motors, blown belts, Blown rollers in the clutches and some that still run but cant because they cant even buy a belt. Its a Joke cat has done this! The guy on the Rmk probley gave him the last one because he felt so bad for his buddy.

I find it funny how brand loyal some folks are (on any side)... the cats have a stupid problem with oil bubbles... it SUCKS, but if you get past a few miles you know you're good. A buddy of mine just blew motor #2 in 1100 miles on his pro.. do I now think they're junk... hell no, I still recommend them for tons of purposes, GREAT sled, BUT, they've still got some issues (I know a couple 12 pros have gone down too, I'd assume it was similar problems to cat's issue)

It was tough choosing a cat this year, but I trust the cat motor, whereas I still don't trust the pro. I know WAY more people that lost motors on pros than cats.. but whatever, both are sick sleds.

btw, quite a few of us have a decent chunk of miles without ANY issues on the 12 cat, just like I'm sure there's got to be a pro out there that hasn't blown up yet too...:face-icon-small-win

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
I find it funny how brand loyal some folks are (on any side)... the cats have a stupid problem with oil bubbles... it SUCKS, but if you get past a few miles you know you're good. A buddy of mine just blew motor #2 in 1100 miles on his pro.. do I now think they're junk... hell no, I still recommend them for tons of purposes, GREAT sled, BUT, they've still got some issues (I know a couple 12 pros have gone down too, I'd assume it was similar problems to cat's issue)

It was tough choosing a cat this year, but I trust the cat motor, whereas I still don't trust the pro. I know WAY more people that lost motors on pros than cats.. but whatever, both are sick sleds.

btw, quite a few of us have a decent chunk of miles without ANY issues on the 12 cat, just like I'm sure there's got to be a pro out there that hasn't blown up yet too...:face-icon-small-win

First off i was being a little sarcastic in my post, but if you can say that this sled does not have issues with motors blowing weather its a little bubble as you say or belts blowing , clutching internals wearing out with few miles put on and it does not bother you, that i have a hard time believing. You would be the brand loyal one. You say im brand loyal? I own a hcr and a pro and just sold a turbo apex. So far from. I actually swore up and down id never buy another polaris i should have bought shares in wisco when i had a 03 rmk. lol But thought id give it another try. If i think a sleds junk that i own ill say so. When several sleds come out with the same issue brand new that some guys i know saved for a long time to buy and cant ride because its blown up right away parked along side others thats a problem that cat needs to address and will. It just should have been done before it was shipped. Glad your sleds running good for ya.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
First off i was being a little sarcastic in my post, but if you can say that this sled does not have issues with motors blowing weather its a little bubble as you say or belts blowing , clutching internals wearing out with few miles put on and it does not bother you, that i have a hard time believing. You would be the brand loyal one. You say im brand loyal? I own a hcr and a pro and just sold a turbo apex. So far from. I actually swore up and down id never buy another polaris i should have bought shares in wisco when i had a 03 rmk. lol But thought id give it another try. If i think a sleds junk that i own ill say so. When several sleds come out with the same issue brand new that some guys i know saved for a long time to buy and cant ride because its blown up right away parked along side others thats a problem that cat needs to address and will. It just should have been done before it was shipped. Glad your sleds running good for ya.

I know a ton of people with cats that have no problems with belts, you of course are picking one thread, just like the same could be done where the cat guys love to talk about how the whole chassis on the pro is "falling apart, and needs re-enforcement" but the reality is that's a rare occurrence, just like the belt issues. The GAS GAUGE though... what a POS... THAT pisses me off... but i'll live!:face-icon-small-win

As to your comment about me being brand loyal... you've got some ground to stand on. I bought another cat after owning a cat. we went back & forth from cat & Poo for a long time... poo is a better chassis with a motor that 1/3 of the people I know have blown, cat is a chassis that is a PIG, but I know aside from some basic issues I can trust... it was a tough choice. I can take weight off of the cat, guaranteed, whereas with a pro, IF it has a motor issue, (big IF) I don't have a quick easy fix for that.

they're both great sleds... be happy you own one... and not a skidoo!!!:tea:

A
Jan 30, 2011
Palmer AK
I know a ton of people with cats that have no problems with belts, you of course are picking one thread, just like the same could be done where the cat guys love to talk about how the whole chassis on the pro is "falling apart, and needs re-enforcement" but the reality is that's a rare occurrence, just like the belt issues. The GAS GAUGE though... what a POS... THAT pisses me off... but i'll live!:face-icon-small-win

As to your comment about me being brand loyal... you've got some ground to stand on. I bought another cat after owning a cat. we went back & forth from cat & Poo for a long time... poo is a better chassis with a motor that 1/3 of the people I know have blown, cat is a chassis that is a PIG, but I know aside from some basic issues I can trust... it was a tough choice. I can take weight off of the cat, guaranteed, whereas with a pro, IF it has a motor issue, (big IF) I don't have a quick easy fix for that.

they're both great sleds... be happy you own one... and not a skidoo!!!:tea:

Ohhh boy you are going to let those two Doo guys out of their cage if you keep that up! Tone it down!

M
Nov 28, 2007
or
what a tool! that chassis was known for eating the speedo side drive shaft bearing, do it every season or at least when the track starts to ratchet. problem solved f@cking A!!!

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Look at this face! HOOOoooooooo HOOooooooo that is awesome.

Here comes Stewy to save the day! bump bump bum

I wonder if he bonked "Stewy on is FU#*ing head and rode is POS to ride back to CAMP EH". Oh wait the unluckiest guy in the world can't get poor Stewy's buggy going either!

Seriously msand guy you looked at that video and your thoughts were "everybody knows that sled has a bad shaft bearing"? WOW

D
Oct 3, 2011
I have to say I love my 2011 m8 but am very curious about the pro. If Polaris comes out with the ho motor next year like they are talking they may walk away from everyone.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
c6e4dcee-2738-1d6d.jpg
c6e4dcee-274f-46e1.jpg
c6e4dcee-2760-01b9.jpg
c6e4dcee-277a-dc0d.jpg
c6e4dcee-2796-b6ab.jpg
c6e4dcee-27b4-fe03.jpg
c6e4dcee-27ee-75e9.jpg