• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OPTIMISTIC ODOMETER 2022 850 PRO RMK

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
I picked up a basically new '22 850 PRO from a gent who only rode it one time(38 miles). Took is out yesterday to put some break-in miles on it with a riding buddy. We rode the same distance. His Ski Doo showed 39.9 on his odo, his GPS showed 40.1 and my odometer showed 46.5 miles or 6.5 miles more than the distance we rode. I've never had a sled(over 25 owned) show that big of a discrepancy. Has anyone else had an issue with an optimistic odometer? Another Poo riding buddy spoke to his dealer and they thought that a reflash would not help and suggested I contact Polaris Cust. Service and see what they say. Appreciate any comments.

S

sledaddiction

Jul 23, 2012
Wyo
Yes. 22 Axys Khaos. Riding side by side with my buddy's 23 Gen 5, my odometer reads 6 to 8 more miles every ride, and I know I don't ride any further or harder than he does.

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Series 8 track probably slipping and sliding all day long. :)
We did a total road ride; no climbing or tree riding. Followed the Doo all the way. Ran the flipper up and down with a some quick bursts every now and then. Rechecked track tension when I got home and no adjustment needed. Would have to say track slipping is a non issue. Curious to see what Polaris will tell me. 15-16% mileage discrepancy is BS, especially on the plus side.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I picked up a basically new '22 850 PRO from a gent who only rode it one time(38 miles). Took is out yesterday to put some break-in miles on it with a riding buddy. We rode the same distance. His Ski Doo showed 39.9 on his odo, his GPS showed 40.1 and my odometer showed 46.5 miles or 6.5 miles more than the distance we rode. I've never had a sled(over 25 owned) show that big of a discrepancy. Has anyone else had an issue with an optimistic odometer? Another Poo riding buddy spoke to his dealer and they thought that a reflash would not help and suggested I contact Polaris Cust. Service and see what they say. Appreciate any comments.
Has the gearing been changed?

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
No gearing change. Stock sled with QD2 belt drive, 2.75 Series 8 track, standard gauge. Haven't done a thing to it other than putting fresh fuel in the tank.

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
My track spins a lot more than the sled moves forward. Maybe less so on a groomed trail, but still, +/- 10% seems within normal limits. Comparing to another sled could double the error. The easiest solution is not to worry about it. The second easiest is to use a speedo healer and make several calibration runs over a known distance. But even after that, it will remain inaccurate off-trail and questionable on-trail as snow conditions change.

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Just got off the horn with Polaris Customer Service. Explained the problem to the CSR. He put me on hold and conversed with a Service Tech. Advised me to take the sled to the dealer and they will open an APC(a claim) and proceed from there. I will try to get another road ride on the sled for more break-in miles before I do that and see what the results are. Thanks much for the comments, folks.

Premium Features