• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 850 matryx pro 155 2.75 slash parts

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
My 2 cents on the Ultra. If it is a a factory RMK you need to rebuild it to 100% stock using all OEM parts. There were not many of the ultra RMKs built since they were built in 1996 only. In 1997 the 700 twin came out. Everybody says it was the 1997 that started the mountain sled fad. But it really was the 96’ triple Ultra RMK that started it all. We realized quickly in 1996 that weight was an issue with mountain sleds and quickly changed direction for 97’

In short that sled will be a collectors item soon!

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
My 2 cents on the Ultra. If it is a a factory RMK you need to rebuild it to 100% stock using all OEM parts. There were not many of the ultra RMKs built since they were built in 1996 only. In 1997 the 700 twin came out. Everybody says it was the 1997 that started the mountain sled fad. But it really was the 96’ triple Ultra RMK that started it all. We realized quickly in 1996 that weight was an issue with mountain sleds and quickly changed direction for 97’

In short that sled will be a collectors item soon!
Yup. Or looking stock since New OEM parts are very limited and much of what is on Ebay is heavily used. Put Gripper skis on it this week. In process of stripping the decals off it now with reproduction coming this week. I work at a body shop and going to prep the hood and repaint it within a couple weeks. Also remove the seat and drop that off at a custom seat upholstery company and see what they can do. I'm hoping since they do a lot of custom motorcycle seats and reproduction for boats etc that they can come very close to the original seat. Also going to refinish the SLP triple pipes, go through the clutches, change the rotor and break pads, foam intake filters, re-install the oil pump, replace the hood hinges, add the swap the windshield on there now with a 5in. May strip down and replace all the rubber parts, bearings. add Intellijet, Reeds and just go through all the wear items.

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
It might take you a while to get all the stock pieces but it will be worth it. You already proved my point noting the parts are getting hard to come by. Which means the value will increase. If you can find mint stock seat cover pay double.. Both my father and my good friend had the Ultra RMK which were bought new as a snow-check in 1996. It was the original RMK mountain muscle sled no doubt. The XLT RMK offered in 1996 also was not even close power wise.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
You guys seem to forget that before the RMK there was the SKS " snow king special" which was the original so called mountain sled from poo with the whopping 133 long track. A yr or 2 later the track became a 141 and we all bolt 2inch plastic paddles to it. Yes I am that old

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
You guys seem to forget that before the RMK there was the SKS " snow king special" which was the original so called mountain sled from poo with the whopping 133 long track. A yr or 2 later the track became a 141 and we all bolt 2inch plastic paddles to it. Yes I am that old

We definitely did not forget about the SKS. It was never marketed as the “Rocky Mountain King” mountain sled though. It was the start to deep snow models for sure. It was marketed as an off trail deep snow model. That it was!

Premium Features