• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Poo 650 and catalyst 600 deep pow

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
I just finished watching this. Pretty impressive for a 600 and 650. I have a 13 RMK 600 that I take out every so often and it still impresses me what it will do.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I ride with a few 6’s at 8-9k feet and they do fine. Nobody’s saying they compete with bigbores or turbos, but they get to the same places everyone else does.

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
Everybody needs a 650 Khaos 146 for the low snow conditions. Such a fun “little” sled.

Correct me if wrong, but my “research” has the 650 only 15hp less than the 800… at sea level of course.

eta: typo

Last edited:

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
IMO I think anyone starting out on a lower powered sled will benefit and be leaps ahead in rider ability vs people who start out on the latest and greatest high powered sleds. You gotta learn to use technique to get where you wanna go vs just relying on hp to get you out of sticky situations. I think I learned more in my younger days on an Indy 500 riding with 700s than most of my other sleds.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
IMO I think anyone starting out on a lower powered sled will benefit and be leaps ahead in rider ability vs people who start out on the latest and greatest high powered sleds. You gotta learn to use technique to get where you wanna go vs just relying on hp to get you out of sticky situations. I think I learned more in my younger days on an Indy 500 riding with 700s than most of my other sleds.
i totally agree my 6 year old is on a 200 and he has learned way more than if he was on a 340 or something. its nice to have sleds that fill in the gaps of rider size and ability.

F
Jan 3, 2008
I bought a 2018 AXYS 600 155 for my kid. The guy who had it before be change the track from a series 5.1 to a series 6 which might have been a mistake in that it has too much traction. That 600 motor struggled to spin the series 6 track at 6-9,000 feet. I put a Kurts gear down kit on it over the summer along with cleaning the clutches, installing the little weight shims/washers because the weights were digging into the side of the clutch. Lastly used the TRS alignment bar to align the clutches. That thing rocks now. Spins the track no problem. My boy can do power turns all day long with it now. I know a Kurts kit is a lot of money but if you are at the point of needing to replace the belt a Kurts gear down kit isn't that much more and you get two belts!

Not sure if these new 650's come with the lower QD2 gearing or the original AXYS QD gearing. But the best thing you can do for smaller bore sleds is make sure they are geared down if riding above 6,000 feet. Poor mans gear down kit would be to use PRO gears but if you have to buy the new PRO belt you may as well get a Kurts setup.

Another option is TKI kit. 28 top tooth and 63 bottom tooth is close to QD2 gearing. TKI 30 top tooth and 63 bottom tooth is close to PRO gears and also about the same as Kurts kit with a 32 top tooth, 67 tooth bottom gear.

Premium Features