• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Perks motor balancing and clutch balancing problems

S
Mar 6, 2012
Looks a little Fishy

I HAVE ONE HUGE QUESTION....when you show the snowmobile after being rode there is no water on condensation coming from the snowmobile track ...i may not be a mechanic but I know I have never seen a snowmobile dry when it's just been rode, and another thing is when you see his vibrations it looks like the cover to the mag side isn't bolted down.
I am a witness to most of the snowmobiles situations Perks completes and this is not a true representation of Perks
products! This video has some how been altered, there were witnesses at Perks
when this guy came with his sled and picked it up, and it did not look like this when it left,
and when this guy was upset Perks offered to do whatever it took to make it right
without asking for a dime more! Tad never called back or wanted him to look at
it, what does that say about this guy...Perks offered
to do everything he could to make the clutch perform, I was there when he and his employee
called twice and offered to do whatever it took to make it right with him and he
refused to call back so if it isn't what he wants part of the blame is on
him...On top of things my father's brother had cancer and was dying from it, so
the time frame was longer then normal but he needed to spend time with his
brother.
And TAD knew he had a brother dying from cancer so he could have been a little understanding about the time frame, at least Perks would have been for him. If any of you think I am my dad, he is not hiding behind anyone, I posted the same comment on TAD"S youtube so you can view that I do infact exist!

S
Mar 6, 2012
You should think before saying this, we have witnesses to the snowmobile before it left, and we have phone records that can be pulled and the messages left trying to fix problems he may have occured...perhaps he didn't have it bolted down when he made the video, anyone who has ever seen a snowmobile clutch will know that the kind of vibration we are really viewing is because it is not bolted in there, it was when it left perks....3 witnesses were here and can testify against this slanderous video
WoW. I commend you on the controlled test you've done , I feel really sorry for those who are in this situation. Absolutely no dispute on the video. This leave me almost speechless and sadden for those scammed.. Joe you were on here promoting your product, You now have a multitude of problems and you should" MAN" up and help these guys out.Hiding in the woodwork will not resolve this.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
You should think before saying this, we have witnesses to the snowmobile before it left, and we have phone records that can be pulled and the messages left trying to fix problems he may have occured...perhaps he didn't have it bolted down when he made the video, anyone who has ever seen a snowmobile clutch will know that the kind of vibration we are really viewing is because it is not bolted in there, it was when it left perks....3 witnesses were here and can testify against this slanderous video

I think your the one investing in this! Multitude of failures all over the place . I believe Perks had good intentions however there's a time to toss in the towel and realize this alteration is problematic and step up and help out the unfortunate ones..Good Luck

Last edited:

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I think the results speak for themselves in this situation. The negatives out way the positives 10 fold. Perks has all kinds of unhappy customers and is doing nothing to make it right. I'm not just talking about the guy in the video, I'm talking about all the recoils that people are going through!!!! Not good IMO
Good luck in the future

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
There was water dripping from the sled after it was ridden. Not sure what video others might be watching?
The mag side appears bolted on, you can even see a couple of the bolts. If it wasn't it would have immediately been torn up by the starter cup making contact, or at least been audible. Also, if it was loose would you even be able to pull start the sled? Just sayin' :face-icon-small-dis

G
Apr 23, 2008

Please refund the money to these poor souls.

When the toy balancer was video played percy left out 1 major factor..NO firing pulse..Had these vids been made of an actual Running engine the results would mimic the video posted on this thread..

How can any rational person think hanging counterweight mass outside of a bearing would NOT have an adverse affect on the components on the other side of said END bearing...then we go down the massive out of balance theory perc presents..

If the clutch were that far off balance and OFF weighted the crank would be broken in a few hours of riding time literally BROKEN..

wow...

S
Mar 6, 2012
The bolts can appear to be in place(the bolts are 2 inches long, so they can be on but not tightened) Looking at it and how it bounces you & I can't tell if they are tightened down. And why is it just the pull rope cover is jumping so much and not the engine that it's so called bolted to. (the same as the clutch and motor on the other side). And why is the recoil broke which is not an issue on Polaris's (which is not an issue on any Polaris when Perks products are installed because the Polaris has no clearance issues) could it be because the recoil cover wasn't bolted down completely. That video is FALSE that vibration that he has created was never that bad before Perks or after Perks. It didn't look that bad the day he dropped it off and it looked better when it left Perks then when he first brought it.

S
Mar 6, 2012
For your information he is trying to to help others on that issue, that issue was with SKi-DOO's not a Polaris...

I think the results speak for themselves in this situation. The negatives out way the positives 10 fold. Perks has all kinds of unhappy customers and is doing nothing to make it right. I'm not just talking about the guy in the video, I'm talking about all the recoils that people are going through!!!! Not good IMO
Good luck in the future

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Ok...lets assume for some reason a guy unbolted his recoil...then somehow started the sled....if the engine was smooth then what caused the recoil and the rest of the engine, clutch, exhaust etc to bounce and vibrate so bad? How would a loose recoil do that? It wouldnt.
No sense grasping at straws. The theory is full of holes, unsound and damaging to engines. Everyone makes mistakes. Its how those mistakes are dealt with that is really important.

N
Feb 6, 2012
summerslisa29/777polaris/7perk

I believe ya that you didnt touch anything now but the thing is I did see your sled before and after and it didn't look like that so ill do what I said . by going inside and be the guinea pig for the rest of you to get two views and video they whole time I just don't want to see a product that I think is good go away if he fixes his problems and I hope he does because all I used to do is buy new belts every year and one year a crank on one of my sleds he will save me money I hope.

777polaris said:
I just hope my pull rope dont brake like this guys because ill be pissed because he did promise me that he was sure to have a fix for that will find next week
( I believe ya that you didnt touch anything now )
(I just hope my pull rope dont brake like this guys)

!!! HOW do you respond to this CRAP !!!

I have the full video witch shows EXACTLY how PERKS put the kit on the snowmobile motor !!!

Perks balancing kit can be put back on the snowmobile motor if need be to show the results !!!

It can even be put on a diffrent 2009 - 800 polaris snowmobile if need be to show the the results !!!

!!!! BEING DISHONEST GOT YOU HERE PERKS !!!

Last edited:
G
Apr 23, 2008
The bolts can appear to be in place(the bolts are 2 inches long, so they can be on but not tightened) Looking at it and how it bounces you & I can't tell if they are tightened down. And why is it just the pull rope cover is jumping so much and not the engine that it's so called bolted to. (the same as the clutch and motor on the other side). And why is the recoil broke which is not an issue on Polaris's (which is not an issue on any Polaris when Perks products are installed because the Polaris has no clearance issues) could it be because the recoil cover wasn't bolted down completely. That video is FALSE that vibration that he has created was never that bad before Perks or after Perks. It didn't look that bad the day he dropped it off and it looked better when it left Perks then when he first brought it.

You are correct lisa, they can appear that way like PERC appeared to know what he was talking about..I believe that !

Its a mess, clean it up and get into a more productive line or work

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
Perks you keep telling people I wont work with you how do you wont me to work with you I dont wont your junk rotors they dont work almost killed one of my friends when it came apart I will send you all your junk kit back just give me my money back your kit took out my crank seal so I had to rebuild my motor and the motor mount was broke so you couldn't have got it balanced i can take pictures if you would like once again if your kit works so well bring your sled to montana and show me the smooth motor and all the hp it add's to the motor

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
well if you got took for money for balancing your motors you would be mad:face-icon-small-fro as well and had to put a motor in a sled that had a bigbore put on 300miles before for the balancing was done so if my sentences run on get over it or dont read it I have to vent somewhere I hope Perks can sleep at night

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
well if you got took for money for balancing your motors you would be mad:face-icon-small-fro as well and had to put a motor in a sled that had a bigbore put on 300miles before for the balancing was done so if my sentences run on get over it or dont read it I have to vent somewhere I hope Perks can sleep at night

So a "balance kit" designed around a stock bore was installed on a bigbore??

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
So a "balance kit" designed around a stock bore was installed on a bigbore??

No winterbrew I took two motors and one sled to utah and he did the work on all the sleds and the shr860 was balanced with motor in sled at his house so it was suppost to be balanced to that motor

Premium Features