• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OFT Racing Plug and Play Tether

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Put 3 on this year. Zero problems with 2 and one I had to cut the zip tie and move it farther away and no problems since but I don't like hearing all these don't work posts. Went through that last year with Pro Design I threw in the trash... Is it that hard to make a bullet proof tether? Seems like the extra cash for the pingle tether might be worth it... I afraid if enough SW users start using them you might hear the same story.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I've had issues with mine. I never zip tied it at all. Nothing constraining it. There are enough cases of them not working that I question why anyone would stick with them. I'm sending mine back.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
Initially when I installed mine it was hit n miss, mostly miss. I loosened the screws that secure it to the bar. Seems weird but I haven't ever had a single issue since. Be careful not to over torque the screws.

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
To put any issues in perspective we have sold over 500 Pro Armor tethers this season. We offer a one year warrantee on them as well so we have accurate records of the failure rate and will stand behind our products. We would obviously all love a 0 percent failure rate but unfortunately that's not the case so we choose to use the best tether available and have tested a lot.

For anybody with any issues just shoot me a email Rick@OFTRacing.com (I apologize it's hard to keep up with all the other forms of PM's/messages so email is best) we will have you ship the defective one back and within two business days you will either have yours repaired if it's something simple or a new one on the way. Getting defective ones back helps us to learn more ways to better our QC process to keep our failure rate as low as possible. We do test every tether before packaging for proper function as well as use a "go" "no go" gauge to assure the proper clearance between contacts.

Thank you,
Rick Coffman
OFT Racing

Premium Features