• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro steering post relocation

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
Just installed my "post relocator" today, fine product and very easy to install. It's a helluva difference in where the bars are now as compared to before. I'm 6' 2" and I was looking at some other risers but I might not need them now.......Sherm

N
Feb 6, 2008
If you take a look at this photo of an RTX, you can see the "dog leg" in the steering post/riser from the need to move the bars forward. If you put the riser in line with the steering post, the bars end up too low and you've got a pretty good chance of actually hitting the bars on the gas tank.

RTX.jpg

The relocator pivots the steering post upward and forward, and reduces or eliminates the "dog leg". It also flattens out the sweep of the handlebars when turning them. You will really notice the difference when transitioning from being seated to standing and when you turn the bars while standing. The bar end that comes toward you when turning won't feel like it's dropping lower when you turn.

Hope this answers your question.

scmurs :beer;

So, I can install this relocator kit on my 08 RTX as well, and not need to worry about needing cable extensions or anything else requiring extensions, just bolt on and go ? Now that I think of it, my steering is quite sloppy too after 2 seasons of riding, so the bottom bushing replacement will take care of that as well ? Appreciate your feedback, and nice work !

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
So, I can install this relocator kit on my 08 RTX as well, and not need to worry about needing cable extensions or anything else requiring extensions, just bolt on and go ? Now that I think of it, my steering is quite sloppy too after 2 seasons of riding, so the bottom bushing replacement will take care of that as well ? Appreciate your feedback, and nice work !

Its amazing how much slop goes away with the Relocator. Very tight tolerences on the kit. The oilite bushings should last a LONG time as well. And yes its just a bolt and go deal. Just have to move your cables from the front of the steering post to the rear of it. Very easy.

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN

Hey NyTrOMaNIaC,

We have a number RTX riders that have the relocator installed. Like philsummers said, no need for cable extensions with the stock pivot steering post either. Just be aware that, while this kit will eliminate the sloppiness associated with the OEM bushings, there is always a chance that there is play in your steering somewhere else.

The relocator should fit that new 2010 MTX SE you've been eyeing up too:D

N
Feb 6, 2008
Hey NyTrOMaNIaC,

We have a number RTX riders that have the relocator installed. Like philsummers said, no need for cable extensions with the stock pivot steering post either. Just be aware that, while this kit will eliminate the sloppiness associated with the OEM bushings, there is always a chance that there is play in your steering somewhere else.

The relocator should fit that new 2010 MTX SE you've been eyeing up too:D

Sounds good to me, Thanks ! I do recall looking into the sloppiness in my steering last season when I installed my K&N's, and the source seemed to be at the bottom of the steering post where the plastic bushing is in place. I'll be ordering your relocator kit tomorrow, and look forward to trying it out ! Now, about the MTX SE and your relocator kit, will that give enough rise to make up for a pivot adapter and a new riser to help with stand up riding, or would you think I'll require an RTX steering post as well, or maybe a bolt on pivot adapter/riser combo along with the relocator kit ? I guess I also gotta do some more research on that MTX SE you reminded me about, almost forgot about it already....;)

Last edited:

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Im 6'1" and might need another 1.5" is all. Before the relocator i needed like 4". So depending how tall you are you may or may not need another riser. not sure if the RTX bars sit lower or not compared to the MTX.

N
Feb 6, 2008
Im 6'1" and might need another 1.5" is all. Before the relocator i needed like 4". So depending how tall you are you may or may not need another riser. not sure if the RTX bars sit lower or not compared to the MTX.

I'm only about 5'8" with my boots on :D so I'm sure the height will be fine, I'm more concerned about the positioning of the bars when standing. I often like to ride stand up with my boots in the footwells, so I like the bars being more forward to avoid hitting my legs off them. Nikolai uses an RTX steering post along with the relocator/riser block, and I like the way his is positioned.

You still there, scmurs ???

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Now, about the MTX SE and your relocator kit, will that give enough rise to make up for a pivot adapter and a new riser to help with stand up riding, or would you think I'll require an RTX steering post as well, or maybe a bolt on pivot adapter/riser combo along with the relocator kit ? I guess I also gotta do some more research on that MTX SE you reminded me about, almost forgot about it already....;)

I would say with your height, (I'm about the same with my boots on ;)) and on an MTX, any additional riser might be too much.

Like I say, mine feels perfect where the bars are now, and you have that little bit of backwards / forwards movement of the bars to fine tune with.

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
I'm only about 5'8" with my boots on :D so I'm sure the height will be fine, I'm more concerned about the positioning of the bars when standing. I often like to ride stand up with my boots in the footwells, so I like the bars being more forward to avoid hitting my legs off them. Nikolai uses an RTX steering post along with the relocator/riser block, and I like the way his is positioned.

You still there, scmurs ???

NyTrOMaNIaC,

Stilll here. Sent you a pm

scmurs

I would say with your height, (I'm about the same with my boots on ;)) and on an MTX, any additional riser might be too much.

You got a set of platform boots Moto? :p

N
Feb 6, 2008
Finished installing the relocator on my RTX last night, and I am very happy with the results. No more sloppy feel in the steering, and the height is just where I need it for stand up riding. Now on to the MTX SE and hopefully a wack of snow for testing :D

Thanks again for the help and answering all my questions. :beer;

Premium Features