• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C3 Forward Post Install

L
May 15, 2009
Straight post or Freeride post will work. '08 and '09 have to be changed to one or the other. Not sure on '10 XP. I believe '11 and up you can leave stock post.

For guys cutting and adding a straight section. Move your tie rod mounting holes while you are at it to the newer post position. If I remember correctly it is 10mm closer to the post. Makes steering easier.

Does the Freeride post have the new mounting hole locations you are talking about?

B
Apr 22, 2009
FWIW... after heating and trying to get the box to 100 percent clear the post and lay flat fully engaged on the mounting points. I just decided to split a piece of black 2" PVC (about 4" long) , scribe out the area that the post needs to run thru. Cut the angle on the half-pipe so it laid flat in a wedge fashion into the void that was removed from the air box. Then plastic welded it in place. Looks almost like it was designed with the half-pipe in place. Nice clean fitting, solid, and without looking cobbled.

C
Feb 28, 2011
video

Did you watch the video he has on youtube? He makes it look super easy, and it only takes a few minutes.

I was planning on just doing that... but you've got me thinking if I should buy instead. I'm pretty handy with my trusty dremel tool though...:D

I think we found the video a few hours into modding the block, but man it was still tough to get it to fit perfect without making the steering hard to turn (binding on block) He was kicking himself for not buying or knowing about the modified block.

Premium Features