• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro On BBQ Juice

flint

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2011
alberta
so when you get this rollin resturaunt goin i'll have a N Y strip meduim....Would you deliver to gorman...lol looks good boyko wierdest one yet

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
To be honest the best way to get a perfect boost reference is to do a pitot tube like how powderlites did on the rx1 and vector kits. It is a 1/2" od thin wall tube. With a 90 bend in it Face the open mouth of the tube into the air stream in the center of the charge tube. This will give the smoothest reference. What you have will work but I bet it won't be as good as the one I just described. Because at the edge your airflow could be choppy. Also best to try to have 6 inches of straight charge tube before it as well to unsure no choppy flow. The dynamic pressure on the pitot will be perfect just as it was for the carb turbos that powderlites did. MCexpress did something similar though I never say a pic of it.

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
This is how it looks from a different angel, This is a important part of the system it's going to take tuning to get it running proper. 583s tube would be a lot easer to tune.

Picture 048.jpg

The hardest part so far is trying to figure out this thing, I hate fome, I don't cut well, weld good, or grind worth a f?ck

Picture 053.jpg

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
As as for the foam, if I read that right, cutting foam is easiest with an electric knife, like the one used at Thanksgiving/Christmas for carving turkeys. Makes foam cut like butter.....

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
lookin good buddy!

just curious why you set the tank insert so dang far back in the tunnel?? get that weight forward!!

The track gets tight to the tunnel in the front, I wanted to mount the bottle as low as I could. I did want it to close to the turbo as well:face-icon-small-con

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
my external almost rubs on my tank... its just radiant heat. dont worry to much.

and yeah, forgot how the tunnels are built on those.

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
This thing has be way to much work.

I can belive I spent most of the winter working on this thing and have not rode it yet, it is getting close to being done. Friday nights i been stay at home working at it.

IMG_0770.jpg

I built myself a little oven for powder coating, next time I will make sure the bottle is not full

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

The seat was a pain, it not like working with metal, best thing I found is to glue a wack of foam together and shape it with a rolex disk on a die grinder

IMG_0799.jpg

This is the heat exchanger for the water to air set up

Cooler1.jpg

Cooler2.jpg

On a budget so a lot of things are built or modded, I extended the rails, (but not enough) for a 162 powder claw.

IMG_0768.jpg

This is the BOV after the mixer, its going to blow out a compressed propane charge, have to vent it outside the engine compartment

IMG_0747.jpg

Last edited:
B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
So this is were it is sitting tonight, still lots of small things to tie up yet, but if you look at the floor it has been moving around.

IMG_0811.jpg

Last edited:
M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
Updates

That is awesome! How did you figure out proper mixer and other component sizing? Im very curious to see how the water to air works out with the propane, keeps us in the loop. Thanks
D

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Well got to ride the Pig, It's been a few years since I was on a 4 cycle
yammy. First day it was for sale after the 3rd day in the hills was really
starting to dig it. The propane thing works well, quite responsive and not
much tuning at all. Tested it up to +25 psi, it seems to run best at 17.

Had a few isues, blew a fuse on the pump for the water to air intercooler,
after I fixed it was a totally different machine, I could not believe what that
cooler does! The ticket is to have lots of cooler in the tunnel, mine is
exposed on both sides.

IMG_0804.jpg

Need to build a heat shield around the turbo, started to melt the coil so I repositioned
it and foiled it. Melted up some plastic and my snow pants as well.

Picture 657.jpg

The thing pissed oil all weekend, need to move the breather in front of the oil tank....

Picture 658.jpg

Loved the Power vary smooth and linner
IMG_0942.jpg

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
NICE WORK!! glad to see you finaly got it out and about ripping!

how is the midrange fueling working out with that setup??

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
It's pretty good, running 12.7 wot, 13.5 mid boost but idle and low range is is fat...... 12.0 I need a start enrichener so I can lean that out a bit, if I tune it leaner than 13 the idle get a little choppy.

Honestly Nick I would have not enbarked on this project if you never built one first and told me the ins and outs of it.. thanks again

:hail: PROPANE

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
glad she worked out man! its a stupid simple system that just needs the right TLC to make it rip. now get us some videos!!!

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Just a cheesy video of this thing, man is it heavy

<iframe width="580" height="465" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vl-ot4s1Dwc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Premium Features