• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New to this area but not to snowmobiling

Dec 1, 2007
I moved to San Angelo TX from Minnesota about a year and a half ago for job reasons. Both of my mountain sleds came with me and I want to do some riding in NM this winter. I was wondering what all the Texas guys are doing for registering their sleds either in the state or through another state. Does NM require anything to ride there? I am familiar with the western states requiring my snowmobile to have registration in its home state. One of my sleds still has MN current Registration but the other on has expired. Just looking to see what all you guys are doing or have done. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Carter

Also always looking for ppl to ride with or show me around out there.

A
Jun 18, 2010
Try backcountryrebels.com if no one has responded to you yet. NM forum is good, typically just read but seems to be people on there a lot.

T
Dec 28, 2007
TX
new mexico information

Go to the site shown above most of the sledders that use to be on here moved to the other site. I get on both sites to keep up with the conditions. Most of the sledders on the other site mostly ride the cumbres pass area, that where I ride most of the time because the cabin and sleds are there been riding there for 12 years it has great riding of all types except for trail riding no groom trails in this area hope this helps.

M
Nov 11, 2008
Denver,CO
I don't believe you have to register your sled in NM, not a 100% about that. You are required to register in CO if you plan on riding in the state. Cumbres has riding in NM and CO, so just be aware of where your at. Cumbres is a great place to ride, usually untracked snow and never has a crowd. You can access Wolf Creek pretty easily from TX and has some of the best riding in CO, but seems to be a little more popular and will be a little further for you.

S
Aug 30, 2008
Waconia,MN and Denver,CO
Hey Carter, Just moved to Phoenix from Minnesota with a buddy and we both brought our mountain sleds with..
We plan on riding quite a bit this winter.
Give me a shout if u want to maybe meet up and ride..
We both ride 800xp summit's and usually don't do much trail riding.
Give me a me a shout if u want to tear it up some time.

Kris 612-710-6065

S
Jan 22, 2008
Got 2-3 feet coming before the New Years weekend in the White Mtns. of N. AZ hopefully. Only ridden once this year, but it's a long weekend at the other end of the storm!!!:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features