• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New guy jetting question

B
Aug 24, 2014
Sorry I'm sure this topic get blown up and annoying for you guys but I'm new to IQR's and wondering what size jets to use? I live in Wisconsin and have a 2010 iqr 600. When I look at the jetting chart on jspowersports.com I think it would be 370 or 400? Anyone have any input on what I should run?

W
Dec 24, 2008
I live in Wisconsin. On my 2011 and 2013 600R motors I run 410 mains with 45 pilot jets. Timing box on G for 91 octane fuel. If I mix in 110 I usually go to E. That is pretty safe for me to about 0 degrees. Check out hardcore sledder there are allot more IQR guys over there from the Midwest. Js powersports website has allot of good information also. Just have to make sure what motor they are talking about. He has allot of info for using the 600ves motors. Good luck.

W
Sep 26, 2014
I have a 2010 IQR and ride at 500' elevation and run a blend of av and pump 50/50 to 96 oct ..timing on f or e depending on what I was doing d banging vs hard trails..I run 370mj down to 0 and occasionally 380mj and have been plenty safe.. the key is run good fuel … agree with WLUXl HCS is a great sight ..you won't need to post ..just research and tons of info..JS powersports has great info and nathan is a great resource.

Last edited:
When fuel is blended to 96 octane, 50% 91 pump and 50% Sunoco Supreme 32/1 Red Line Race oil, you can safely run 360 mains down to about 10 degrees F. Timing in the center position. Then you need to start adding fuel if its below 10 degrees. 55 pilot jets and needles in the center clip. This is what we ran when we raced a 2011 IQR in Wisconsin. The leaner you can get it the better she ran. You probably can get into the 350-340 range for short throttle busts.

I you want to run 91 straight I would go with 390 mains and the timing box retarded all the way. Hold back on long WOT runs until you know what you plugs look like.

Premium Features