• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need a lesson on Avalanche Packs!

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I am late to the party but, I am finally in the market for an avalanche bag/pack. I weigh 170-175 and I am 5' 10". I'm not sure if I want a combination Tekvest/pack or a bag alone? I think maybe I want a pack alone because I like to wear my Tek vest under my jacket. I have no idea what brands are the best, what size pack to get or much of anything else about avalanche packs. Can someone please enlighten me and maybe point me in the right direction on what size and/or brand of Pack I should be considering? Heck, I would even be interested in a used pack. I am in the US so, shipping from Canada would be an issue. Feel free to send me a PM if you have one for sale. I read the Product review section but, most reviews are from 2010. I'm sure there are technological advances that have been made since then?

Last edited:

gr8skidoo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
MAPLE VALLEY WA.
WWW.I-90MOTORSPORTS.COM
I am late to the party but, I am finally in the market for an avalanche bag/pack. I weigh 170-175 and I am 5' 10". I'm not sure if I want a combination Tekvest/pack or a bag alone? I think maybe I want a pack alone because I like to wear my Tek vest under my jacket. I have no idea what brands are the best, what size pack to get or much of anything else about avalanche packs. Can someone please enlighten me and maybe point me in the right direction on what size and/or brand of Pack I should be considering? Heck, I would even be interested in a used pack. I am in the US so, shipping from Canada would be an issue. Feel free to send me a PM if you have one for sale. I read the Product review section but, most reviews are from 2010. I'm sure there are technological advances that have been made since then?
I see you are from Eastern WA I am Remko from I-90 Motorsports in Issaquah We carry BCA, ABS, Snowpulse and even others in stock and refill all of them here.. We can show them to you let you try them on and even let you deploy them to see how they work! We have a staff that rides and uses our equipment so we can share our experiences with you on what we like and dislike about packs! let me know if I can help you stop by or give me a call! We are out playing this week so hit me up here if you want or email me remko@i-90motorsports.com
or stop by on the 2nd or after!
thanks
Remko
425-391-4490

Premium Features