• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My new Pro R oil line is empty where it comes out of the oil tank. ???

S

snow4me

Dec 22, 2007
Haven't ridden it yet and have barely run it for 5 minutes. Was pulling the primary and looked at the line coming out of the oil tank, it's empty!! Don't know if this is all the way to the motor but up by the tank it is. Any ideas? Can I bleed it?

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Mine is empty for the first 2 inches or so on my pro. On my 09 dragon and my buddies dragon they both had a 2 or 3 inch bubble in them from day one. You can get it out but it will be right back, there was a thread on the same thing last year.

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
Now that I think about it, when I took off my clutch last night and was attempting to pull the airbox, i noticed that line had nothing in it, but really didn't think anything of it til now

Ask Yourself

Lifetime Membership
Mar 14, 2008
like snowmobiler said that is why the qtr. of oil the first tank of fuel. it will purge itself of the air and all will be good. or you could wrap a wire around the oil lever and pull it wide open and let it idle and smoke big time for 15 or 20 min a time or two and the air bubbles will purge then. just ride with the premix and all will be good. :face-icon-small-coo

W

WesG

Nov 26, 2007
Chetwynd, BC
Oil tank

Undo the straps that hold the tank on as well as the bolt just behind the tank I think it is a 10mm. Tip the tank up and twist it a tiny bit so that the oil line feeds much straighter into the oil tank. This will allow the air to come out of the line. It may take a few minutes. I had to do this to mine as well. The air bubble has not come back!

Edit: Don't forget to put the oil tank back in the stock location once the bubble is gone.

Last edited:
C
Nov 7, 2010
VT/Ontario
I had the same issue last year with my Rush. Did the same thing and the bubble went
away. The first time I rode it, the bubble came back and I left it that way! Never had a problem but it bothers me when I still look at it. Ha!

Premium Features