• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My 800 pro is dead. Can I resurrect it?

S
Sep 27, 2010
Does anyone have tips on where to start troubleshooting? 800 pro just died on me, and now it won't start. The story goes: I didn't use my sled for about half a year, started it just to get the juices flowing, and it sounded like it only ran on one cylinder. Changed the sparkplugs and ran just fine. Took it out a couple months later, started just fine, and ran perfect the first 3 meters. Next thing the trottle response got very low, and it sounded like it was choking. Then it just went black and haven't started since. There is sparks coming from the plugs, it has oil and coolant. The headlight gleams when I pull the starter. Any idea what may have caused this?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
1.fuel, 2. compression, 3. spark.

Sounds like you have compression as it was running and just died and you see spark so either too much fuel(flooded) or not enough fuel. (starved)

Are the plugs wet with gas? or dry?

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Possibilities are dead fuel pump (no fuel) or stuck open injectors (too much fuel). If plugs are soaking wet, disconnect fuel pump and see if you can get it to run and clean out excess fuel. If plugs are dry, check for plugged fuel filter or if pump will run at all. Disconnect pump and hook to a 12V power source and see if it will pump fuel. Sometimes a jump will get a stuck pump running again.

S
Sep 27, 2010
Thanks for the tips, really appreciate it. I was thinking it might be something fuel-related. The plugs seem quite dry, so I will try to check the pump and blockage in the system.

Premium Features