• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MT. ADAMS SNOW KING LOT

S
Aug 7, 2008
Any reports of the snow conditions recently, they were supposed to get a bunch but no way to tell. I assume they got some serious accumulation up high but can anyone confirm?

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Surprise Lake Snotel added 5" overnight. You can double that for the mountain but it will likely be shrouded in clouds and snowing the whole weekend.

Elkaholic4life

Twin Peaks
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2013
Portland, OR
We went up South Climb instead of snow king lot. Lots of people, tracked up pretty good. I didn't notice much new snow over the weekend before and it was crusty. We did ride most of the day in untouched powder in the trees. It's there, you just have to find it and be half crazy :face-icon-small-hap

Ski Doo Jason

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2013
Beavercreek OR
We also went up south climb,but talked to some guys that rode up from snow king. They said said because of the low snow conditions it's a little difficult to navigate thru the burned areas because of all the downed timber.

Elkaholic4life

Twin Peaks
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2013
Portland, OR
We also went up south climb,but talked to some guys that rode up from snow king. They said said because of the low snow conditions it's a little difficult to navigate thru the burned areas because of all the downed timber.
We probably crossed paths at some point, We parked after the horse corral on a corner. Blue dodge truck with matching canopy with an open trailer. I was on a black Pro rmk and my brother rides a green arctic cat hrc.

F
Apr 3, 2009
Tillamook OR
Mt Adams Updatesw

Hey, looking for any updates on snow condition at Mt Adams. A group of us are looking for a good place to ride over Presidents Day weekend. Any update would be helpful.

A
Feb 16, 2014
Snow King Update - 2.8.18

Rode today out of Snow King. First 2-3 Miles on the 82 road/trail you will find quite a bit of bare gravel and rocks. Multiple long sections without snow on the trail. Gets slightly better as you gain elevation but lots of downed timber over the trail...many spots where you have to navigate through the woods around the downed trees are tough because you are riding on downed brush, stumps, and rock (no snow). I wish I would have had my chainsaw with me as we called it an early day after impassable conditions on both the 82 road and around Bunnell Butte due to downed trees around the burned areas....if you don’t mind tearing up your machines, you could probably make it around these areas, but be careful...We we’re close to going forward but I had nightmares of a branch going thru my track window or bending an a-arm. Good luck and let it Snow!

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
I have an 02 800 RMK x 151 for late season riding, 4 sale. You can put your $12,000 fragile sled in the shop and ride a disposable sled that does not easily overheat, and more resistant to banging into rocks. It has special reinforcing for rock banging. $1800 Portland 503-724-1268 Mint condition

Premium Features