• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MotoTrax 2017 Snowcheck Programs - Starting at $3,999!!!

S
Nov 27, 2007
What changes have been made to the ski? Details please.

After riding all the different snowbike skis on the market, we have designed our own ski, to mold for the 2017 kits.

It is a 9" wide ski with triple keel full carbides and special center keel design.
The wing keels on the outside are mounted with carbides and the center keel is shaped for easy steering on the trail.

We don't have a pic of the new ski, since it hasn't been molded, yet.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Nice video, but it really didn't show any deep snow or technical riding at all.. which is what a lot of us look for. Your kit looks nice, I like the minimalist tunnel design.

If you want to come to Washington and film with us feel free, I can take you through both at the same time on Mt Baker. I usually ride with someone on a 16 TS while I am on a 16 Snowtech. We are riding this Thursday if you can make it.

25755066372_4621e90c65_h_d.jpg

Any snowbike can climb and ride deep and technical. That kind of footage will come as our riders and drone pilot get good enough weather to film together, but it doesn't show how our technology is different and bringing a better solution to the snowbike rider community.

H
Feb 18, 2011
British Columbia
Theory behind when the rear end compresses, say with TSS, that your handling isn't working properly, is a bit flawed no?

Pretty sure any MX bike can still take corners, and are made to do so with the suspension compressed, which changes suspension geometrey. Which busts your whole theory behind having a fixed strut. Don't get me wrong, kit looks pretty trick!

S
Nov 27, 2007
Theory behind when the rear end compresses, say with TSS, that your handling isn't working properly, is a bit flawed no?

Pretty sure any MX bike can still take corners, and are made to do so with the suspension compressed, which changes suspension geometrey. Which busts your whole theory behind having a fixed strut. Don't get me wrong, kit looks pretty trick!

I agree that the MX bike has stock suspension geometry that allows it to maintain steering control and work within its range of motion. That would be with balanced suspension action, front to rear.

Having suspension that replicates MotoFeel, as closely as possible, is the focus of MotoTrax.

Edited on request

Last edited:

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Fixed shock strut is a key to Moto handling.
The key details are bike steering geometry, weight transfer and unsprung weight.

Edited on request

Ok, i'll throw this out there. I don't care if it handles like a dirtbike. I'ts a snowbike. They are two different animals. It needs to handle steep technical snow covered mountains well. I wish my dirtbike felt like my snowbike.

M
Mar 14, 2012
At MotoTrax the goal is to make the kit feel as close to the bike as possible in nearly all conditions. We are trying to extend the season and carry that momentum and riding ability so that we can become better riders on snow and dirt, this has really helped us appeal to the dirt bike rider community more than you average snowmobile, of course there are a lot of dirt bike riders that snowmobile too.

Basically the suspension characteristics of our unit mimic a dirt bike, like "pop" on the face of a jump and very reactive suspension in whoops.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
At MotoTrax the goal is to make the kit feel as close to the bike as possible in nearly all conditions. We are trying to extend the season and carry that momentum and riding ability so that we can become better riders on snow and dirt, this has really helped us appeal to the dirt bike rider community more than you average snowmobile, of course there are a lot of dirt bike riders that snowmobile too.

Basically the suspension characteristics of our unit mimic a dirt bike, like "pop" on the face of a jump and very reactive suspension in whoops.
This is the cool part. More options and offerings.

There are a lot of moto riders that just want to ride their bike all year. They may just want to build jumps and goof around all the same as they are on dirt. Racing around a track in the snow for them is more appealing then ripping back country lines. Obviously snowest is going to be the more deep pow oriented sledder style crowd, since most of us here started on sleds and a lot still do ride both.

Then you have companies like Yeti in BC where its mega deep pow 6 months of the year. These are full time pow slaying machines and their design reflects that. Same reason there are short track utility sleds and 174 3" units. We don't all do the exact same thing with them..

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
I think your doing it wrong if you want your dirtbike to feel like a snowbike :face-icon-small-coo

You're right. That comment doesn't totally make sense. I sure dont want my dirtbike to feel like my snowbike does on a whooped out trail! However nothing (imo) comes close on a dirtbike as riding epic pow feels on my snowbike!

M
Mar 14, 2012
You're right. That comment doesn't totally make sense. I sure dont want my dirtbike to feel like my snowbike does on a whooped out trail! However nothing (imo) comes close on a dirtbike as riding epic pow feels on my snowbike!

But what if your snow bike felt like your dirt bike on a whooped out trail, for us moto guys that is what its all about, dropping lines in deep powder and pillow drops are a epic feeling for sure. But as a moto guy busting whooped trails at 50+mph and being able to double and triple them when they get big enough always puts a smile on my face. That's the reason our track system is the way it is, have fun in the whoops on the way up to the powder and then have fun in the deep, if you are having fun from the time you unload to the top and back again there is no wasted fuel, just a longer ride day.

M
Mar 14, 2012
I wanted to let everyone know we are adding more info and a VERY detailed explanation video (explaining the MotoLink and all upgrades for 2017) to the website over the next couple of days. Sorry that we have not done an A+ job of explaining the product but we are learning and working hard at getting everyone the information they need to make informed decisions regarding our products, also check out our Facebook as we have three demo opportunities coming up for you to ride the new 17 MotoTrax unit.

T

Texask5

Oct 3, 2015
I like a lot of what I'm seeing. But no talk of the new ski, video even has a timbersled ski, looks like a timbersled convex track also? Also no mention of weights, looks pretty light thats for sure. Sounds as if its available without ski, if so whats the pricing structure for that. Considering a 129 mountain for next year.

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
I like a lot of what I'm seeing. But no talk of the new ski, video even has a timbersled ski, looks like a timbersled convex track also? Also no mention of weights, looks pretty light thats for sure. Sounds as if its available without ski, if so whats the pricing structure for that. Considering a 129 mountain for next year.

I was this () close to driving to Idaho this weekend. What makes you decide the 129" is right fit for you? Can I ask your setup and weight? I'm stuck in deciding 120/129

G
Nov 15, 2015
Fargo
Well after talking with my bud Les I'm going to pick up his husaberg 650 and place my order for a mountain 129 this week. I feel with the sheer amount of power and the fact this kit supposedly lofts the ski like a bike, I feel the 129 is a much better option vs the 120. I don't like the 137 as much regardless so that is out.

Premium Features