• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MotoTrax 2017 Snowcheck Programs - Starting at $3,999!!!

M
Mar 14, 2012
+1

Also whats the lowest seat height on a kit so far. Wife is kind of short but needs a kit.

This will depend on the bike, basically you can set from slightly over stock (if you are really tall) to about 2 inches lower than stock (if you are on the short side, like my wife). Also remember we have rising rate suspension meaning when you sit on the bike the seat will setting about another 2 1/2", just like the dirt bike would have, so we "tend" to have about a 3" to 4" lower seat height than really any brand out.

M
Mar 14, 2012
I like a lot of what I'm seeing. But no talk of the new ski, video even has a timbersled ski, looks like a timbersled convex track also? Also no mention of weights, looks pretty light thats for sure. Sounds as if its available without ski, if so whats the pricing structure for that. Considering a 129 mountain for next year.

You are correct about the ski, the ski is still being developed, we have the center keel design down and the base platform, we are fine tuning the side runners and the carbide structure now for spring/hard snow. We can probably post something in about three weeks but realistically it will look "kinda" like the TS ski from the top and has a very different looking bottom than really any other ski out.

As far as performance we really like the deep snow abilities of the TS ski but very much do not like the trail abilities so we are changing the bottom with our special center keel design but maintaining a similar amount of flotation. Also remember that our ski frame will fit all the other snow bike skis so they are options as well. Basically we see skis on snowbikes like tires on motorcycle. We have tested them all extensively at this point and depending on the snow conditions we like them all for certain conditions. We are try to provide a ski the compliments our riding and kit style, dirt bikes and motocross, which to us means a light, nimble feeling ski that requires more leaning and less steering.

Some of our customers prefer skis though that are very aggressive and require no leaning to turn, which also results in heavy steering, usually these are people with less bike experience or non aggressive dirt bike riders, also a lot of snowmobile riders are used to this heavier steering. This is what you get from the TS ski. So since that ski exist already we just filled the gap and made the "Moto" ski.

Also wanted to mention the track system is not available without the ski. This ski and ski frame our however available without the track system.

G
Nov 15, 2015
Fargo
Placed my order for a 129" mountain today, these guys are so helpful and will answer any question you have.

I wish it was November already this is going to be a LONG summer

rmkfire

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Oconomowoc, WI
Just confirming the second to last sentence. All of your kits will come with your new ski?

You are correct about the ski, the ski is still being developed, we have the center keel design down and the base platform, we are fine tuning the side runners and the carbide structure now for spring/hard snow. We can probably post something in about three weeks but realistically it will look "kinda" like the TS ski from the top and has a very different looking bottom than really any other ski out.

As far as performance we really like the deep snow abilities of the TS ski but very much do not like the trail abilities so we are changing the bottom with our special center keel design but maintaining a similar amount of flotation. Also remember that our ski frame will fit all the other snow bike skis so they are options as well. Basically we see skis on snowbikes like tires on motorcycle. We have tested them all extensively at this point and depending on the snow conditions we like them all for certain conditions. We are try to provide a ski the compliments our riding and kit style, dirt bikes and motocross, which to us means a light, nimble feeling ski that requires more leaning and less steering.

Some of our customers prefer skis though that are very aggressive and require no leaning to turn, which also results in heavy steering, usually these are people with less bike experience or non aggressive dirt bike riders, also a lot of snowmobile riders are used to this heavier steering. This is what you get from the TS ski. So since that ski exist already we just filled the gap and made the "Moto" ski.

Also wanted to mention the track system is not available without the ski. This ski and ski frame our however available without the track system.

M
Mar 14, 2012
Ok, so I got to work early this morning and placed the 2017 prototype on the scale. As it sits right now the rear weights in (Complete with fit kit for a 2015 FC450 and both drive chains) at 111lbs and the ski system complete (fit kit for the same bike) weighs in at 15lbs.

Note that these numbers may change a bit before final production but I doubt by more than a pound or two either way.

G
Nov 15, 2015
Fargo
So 126 for a complete 120 kit

On here posted weights were
2016 TS 120 SX 130#
Yeti 120" 107-110#
2015 TS ST kit 142#

Impressive that the ski setup is so light I think that will be very easy to feel.

M
Mar 14, 2012
So 126 for a complete 120 kit

On here posted weights were
2016 TS 120 SX 130#
Yeti 120" 107-110#
2015 TS ST kit 142#

Impressive that the ski setup is so light I think that will be very easy to feel.

You would need to compare the TS 120, non raw kit, the SX has a narrow track, our kit has a wide track. Also if you look at Yetis new website there is no posted weight on the kit, if you do the math on what all the new coil overs, RSS and wider belt system as well as other places they strengthen I am betting a 10lbs increase for 2017 yeti weights.

Of course we are already very competitive, but I bet once everyone's production models roll out we will be even more competitive.

M

MFJ

Jan 14, 2016
Ok, so I got to work early this morning and placed the 2017 prototype on the scale. As it sits right now the rear weights in (Complete with fit kit for a 2015 FC450 and both drive chains) at 111lbs and the ski system complete (fit kit for the same bike) weighs in at 15lbs.

Note that these numbers may change a bit before final production but I doubt by more than a pound or two either way.

Any idea how much lighter this is than last years model?

M
Mar 14, 2012
Any idea how much lighter this is than last years model?

It is about 3.5lbs lighter overall. We decided to work mostly on strength and rigidity for this years changes, the weight loss is mostly due to a change in materials for a few components.

SoDakCat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Stickney SD
Things look very nice and the weight is right between the current yeti and TS offerings of the same length tracks. Looks well thought out for sure and definitely shows your dirtbike background.
Only the mountain one come with a fuel jug, correct?

Trying to debate if I could get away with the 120 kit on a 14 yz450f or get the 129 mtn. I'm 185 before gear.
Any advice or know the weight difference between the enduro and mtn versions. I'm guessing not more than 5 or so pounds.

K

kidrman

Nov 21, 2007
Spokane WA
This is a good question.

I'm also curious if the added pivot range that helps the bike lean on the trail is a hindrance in the trees? In other words does the bike lean into a side hill but the track lay flat?

M
Mar 14, 2012
Things look very nice and the weight is right between the current yeti and TS offerings of the same length tracks. Looks well thought out for sure and definitely shows your dirtbike background.
Only the mountain one come with a fuel jug, correct?

Trying to debate if I could get away with the 120 kit on a 14 yz450f or get the 129 mtn. I'm 185 before gear.
Any advice or know the weight difference between the enduro and mtn versions. I'm guessing not more than 5 or so pounds.

I recommend the 129 unless you are riding more trail, mostly just because 129 in only about 4" more track on the ground and in really deep snow will float better, if you never ride in more than 2" of fresh snow then maybe stick with the 120".

Also yes only the mountain comes with the can but it can be purchased separately for about 70 bucks including the strap.

Not 100 percent sure on the weight but I would think between 3 - 5 lbs.

M
Mar 14, 2012
This is a good question.

I'm also curious if the added pivot range that helps the bike lean on the trail is a hindrance in the trees? In other words does the bike lean into a side hill but the track lay flat?

Our skid really handles the trees and boondocking well. Many customers and people who have ridden every brand of snowbike have claimed the MotoTrax carves tighter then all other brands(this is what we have heard so I wont confirm the claim as I have not ridden them all on the same day in the same conditions). Also when side hilling the kit has better traction because the lean gets more lug on the snow and does not tend to wash the rear end out unless you really lean into it and push it.

Premium Features