• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mint 86 Phazer..need help

W
Jan 10, 2012
Just picked up a Mint 1986 Phazer... Electric start long track run and starts like a dream... however I dont know a whole lot about these sleds. We are having issues with the sled "floating or fish tailing" while trail riding.... its really hard to control. It has the original skis with powder skins on them.. I am wondering if putting a newer style ski on it would help or if maybe i would need to adjust the suspension (if even possiable) to put more weight on the front end to help steer it? Whoever is riding it has to really work to keep it straight.
any ideas or suggestions?

LoneViper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
You might take a good look at your track. If it is stock you will notice there isn't much for lugs and traction. A better track may cure your problems. I also had problems with the steel skis and skins maybe a set of duley carbides if they where made for the Phazers. I saw a Phazer the other day with Simmons skis I'm sure they would help.

R
Oct 15, 2011
washington
it has nothing to do with the track or the style of ski, i always run the stock skiis on my phazers and they all work great, check the distance between the skiis in the front of them and the rear, the front should be towed out 1" to 1.5" from the rear, it will run true if you get that measurment. have to adjust the steeing arm inside the machine, i think you have to pull the pipe to get at them

Premium Features