• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mfd cutting in and out

K
Jun 30, 2017
Has anyone had it where there display cuts in and out, random lights like the battery light comes on and its a non es start sled? The display plug was loose and unclipped so i fixed that and it was good for the majority of the ride but then my display outright quit working on the ride home, connector looks fine but maybe the display actually failed?

gdn

Premium Member
Dec 29, 2012
SE So Dak
I did have a display cut out like that a few years ago & it turned out to be the regulator. The amount of time the display quit got longer & longer then the motor finally shut down too. Seemed to be heat related on that one cuz it would work when cold.

K
Jun 30, 2017
I did have a display cut out like that a few years ago & it turned out to be the regulator. The amount of time the display quit got longer & longer then the motor finally shut down too. Seemed to be heat related on that one cuz it would work when cold.
Ya thats probably my issue! Thanks for the reply

K
Jun 30, 2017
It has good power and the plug looks fine, i even used a tps power up kit and the gauge still doesnt work right and kinda fades out randomly, im going to try another gauge and see

czimpel

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2012
Any chance you solved this issue? I'm dealing with one right now that cut in and out and now is dead.

Thanks

W
Dec 7, 2007
Victor ID
I just replaced all three relays today and my gauge is back in action. This happened when my sled was pretty new also but dealer fixed it under warranty. I have a bunch of extra relays, both panasonic and the original ones. If you want Ill sell them to ya for what I paid + shipping, bout $5 each. Text me if interested, 208-270-five zero zero six

Premium Features