• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

may ride?

moonshiner

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Yankton, SD
Looks like Wednesday would be the best day to go, should be pretty sloppy by Thursday. Did most of the snow melt before this storm?

starrsleds

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2008
anybody hear snow totals? I asked a few people on facebook and they said my cheese was off my cracker for wanting to ride tomorrow. anybody think it would be doable. not expecting epicness just curious if u could ride a sled for a half day or so

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
I thought I was done with first hand reports but I was called out today in the search of 2 missing elderly turkey hunters. They were found safe in their broke down pickup after spending 2 nights. Rode 105 miles today most of the day was spent with snow over the hood. Hard to tell how much snow with all the drifting but 18-30 inches was common. Most of the old snow base was gone except for the shaded North slopes. Tree riding will be risky, roads are good, however many of the roads South and East of Trailshead was rode during today's search. Nothing was rode North. Snow was already getting a little sticky by this afternoon.

Premium Features