• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx intake upgrade

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

Looks decent

Also spendy

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
That picture reminds me of Turcotte making fun of Kincaid. They obviously cleared the snow off. I don't think having more surface area helps the problem. They need to move the intake. Those would pack up with snow just like the stock.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Pretty sweet, but the price is up there and they really should add some protection over the Frog Skinz for us tree riders.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I bought the fire and ice intake protectors early last season and they ice over sooo much worse than the stock ones.

The mesh behind the pre filter and the fire and ice pre filter fabric itself just doesn’t work.

Ripped that stuff off and using SLP fabric currently.

Still not as good as the oem but about halfway there.

I’m Running a frogskinz under the hood drilled in where they sell one for. (I posted on SW about it before they were selling that product)

All that to say these sleds still need more intake surface area.

(And fire and ice most definitely does not have a solution)

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
We made a intake out the hood like Tobey has, but made a t connection so it also plums onto the stock setup. It works soo good having that cold air. This was the test unit, the permit one look better, but you get the idea.

Screenshot_20230110-131822_Gallery.jpg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
We made a intake out the hood like Tobey has, but made a t connection so it also plums onto the stock setup. It works soo good having that cold air. This was the test unit, the permit one look better, but you get the idea.
Is there a metal Tee in there?

Fire-n-Ice Performance

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2008
SE Idaho
Our Intake Boost vent definitely works and solves the problem for most riders.

With the problems you had, I would love for you to reach out to us (info@firenice.us) and share your experience with any pictures you might have and details of the conditions.
If you are this unhappy with our product we want to know about it so we can help you out and make improvements to our products if needed.

I bought the fire and ice intake protectors early last season and they ice over sooo much worse than the stock ones.
All that to say these sleds still need more intake surface area.
(And fire and ice most definitely does not have a solution)

T
Mar 30, 2010
Boondocker sells the same intake

D

DuncanSteel

Banned
Nov 8, 2022
Alaska
There's such a huge misconception on this bog issue and intakes. You can give it all the clean air you want, but if you cant efficiently move the air all the way through the system, you cant spool your turbo and in turn you get the bog. You can put the fanciest aftermarket intake on the internet in your sled but if it can't discharge it isn't going to solve your problem. Boondocker literally has a youtube video about this.

Premium Features