• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Making a shorty seat out of stock M sofa.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Looks good got anymore pics and mind explaning how you went about it.

I don't have any better pics at the moment. We got the idea from a seat we picked up at haydays a few years ago. Its an 05 m seat cut about in half. With a piece of plastic riveted to the seat base. I CNC cut the black brackets in the back so I could mount the seat to the tunnel. Then we had a different seat cover made. Pretty simple.. were working on a taller seat right now.. we will see if its done in time for when we head to Yellowstone in march to test it out.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
How are you attaching the new shortened seat to the sled? Isn't the hold down point at the rear of the factory seat? I'd love to do this...

Yes, the guys above are still using the factory back which is a good idea. I made the black brackets out of aluminum just for a custom look. The are L shaped on both sides with holes in them to attach the brackets to the seat and to the tunnel. We just use 3/16th rivets to attach to the tunnel. Haven't had any problems and that seat has been on two different sleds so far ha ha

B

BradM8

Aug 4, 2012
Not sure if this post is dead or not. I'm in the midst of chopping one and am wondering if you guys have had any problems with busting the back of the plastic frame since it isn't really meant to hold any weight and doesn't look that structurally tough.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
any of you guys interested in a custom shorty seat ive got one already finished. PM me if you're interested. Heres a picture of it.

Premium Features