• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Low snow sled carnage

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
for many years I had lovely enclosed trailers.
But as the years went by all of my sleds went away as my boys moved out.
Then it was just me and ONE sled.
Just didn't need the luxury enclosed, so I went the opposite route.
Single axle cheap and SUPER NIMBLE.
Made getting around really nice.
Would have gone to a sled deck, but I have to have that Cab on the back of my truck for other work related needs.

Get a 6x12 cargo trailer for a single sled, or one of those light aluminum hybrid enclosed two places

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
You have an advantage of knowledge of which open meadows to ride or avoid 90 percent of the terrain i ride have never seen in summer. Glad you got some miles on how the 24 doing?
Loving my 24 I finally bit the bullet and built out my sled with aftermarket parts and it feels so amazing. The only thing I would still do is suspension but that’s another big chunk of money. The only drawback so far is the cheap smurf tube and wire melting all over cause a verity of codes to be thrown. All replaced under warranty though and added half a roll of heat tape inside.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The other idea would be something like a moving van, but you'd probably want to custom-build it, especially if you wanted 4x4 and/or a crew cab. If you really wanted to go crazy, you could build the front half of the cargo area into a camper/sleep area. Again, probably outside my budget, but it'd be fun just to build if somebody's interested in paying me to build them one!🙃
maxresdefault[1].jpg

557F3445-0D88-4647-A4E9-B5902DB61CAE[1].jpeg

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Those diesel cargo vans have been on my radar with bunk for sleeping would be cool.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
After having a big sled trailer for several years, I went smaller too.

We converted a 7' x 14' x 84" inside height - dual axle cargo trailer into a "stealth camper", that we use for ATV riding & dispersed area camping - in the off-season, and that i use in the winter for sledding (wife doesn't do winter sports). This allows me to go up the night before and camp, before riding the next day, and/or stay overnight to ride another day.

It just barely holds 2 Sportsman 570s (end to end), and a sled for the winter, with plenty of extra room.

It has an "elevator bed" in it, that can be lowered to sleep, or raised to drive. Also a diesel heater that keeps it at 50 to 55 degrees on lowest setting, when the outside temp is around 0 degrees. 400 watts of Solar on the roof with 400Ah LiFEP04 battery and 2k watt inverter. We use a convection cook top, and microwave for making meals, and Keurig for making coffee.

Premium Features