• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for riding buddies between TX and CO to share trip costs this winter.

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
I am in Dallas for work this season and I am looking for others that sled in NM and CO area to ride with and split trip costs. I was thinking 3 day trips leave thurs after work and come back sunday night. Not sure exactly how much drive time I am looking at. I would actually pay all gas and possible lodging if someone is setup with truck and trailer and I could just put sled on there trailer and go. Trip would be basically free and I would have some one to ride with and not have to worry about driving. Open to any options I just want to go sleding this year I was out due to injury and work for the last 2 years.

Thanks

T
Nov 27, 2007
Los Alamos, NM
Another Texan here

I'm down in SA but HELL YEAH I'm looking to ride.

I will be on a flatlander trip for 10 days in early February (going riding in Tug Hill/Old Forge, New York region with some old buddies of mine). After that, I'm back to Tejas. I plan to buy a sled for the steep and deep ASAP since I still have my flatlander sled. I'm trying to find a nice 05-06 King Cat EFI w/ Fox Floats. Let me know if you guys see anything promising.

I would like to ride the Wolf Creek area in Colorado. Have you guys been out there? I go there in the summer to fish but never had the chance to sled until this year.

Hopefully we can put something together. Take care.

Tim

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
Good deal Tim that makes about 4 people in TX that I have found so far, we are going up to Chama Friday and riding all day Saturday. First time up and hope to be good one.

Fynn

T
Nov 27, 2007
Los Alamos, NM
Take Pics

Take some pics!!!

The wife was talking about Chama the other day. She had some friends up there to ski and they said it was awesome.

Hopefully we can get together and tear up some deep pow pow before the season is out!

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
Here is some pics from Chama, NM

Took this from on top of ? Nice place to ride at least 1' or 2' of new and lots of untracked area's to play,

Last edited:
T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
more pictures

It took about 12hrs to get to Cumbres, but I went through Angel Fire and Red River to pick up and drop off my sled. Might be shorter if you drive through Sante Fe. I am going to sled in Angel fire, NM area next trip since thats were I am storeing my sled. It is about 10hrs from were I am now to the shop and 20 min from there to ride. I am heading up again soon you gonna be ready for a trip soon. Snow was good not great, but worth the trip and I will be back.

Last edited:
T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
I would say 5' at the bottom of the pass, You could see the tips of a few fence posts no stumps or rocks really, it was good and I know we missed the good stuff because neither of us had ever been there.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Los Alamos, NM
Awesome

Can't wait to get up there...just trying to find a good sled at a decent price.

Did you leave your sled up there?

BTW, I work a staggered schedule so every other week is a long weekend for me (Mondays off every other week). I hope we can get something going in Feb.

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
I took a 3 day and it was 60hrs round trip for me, I left friday at 6:30 am and was in Angle fire, NM at 4pm. Since i was meeting someone I drove over to Cumbre Pass 1 1/2hr and rode on saturday drove back and then got home on sunday at 5pm. I should have rode sunday till noon then drove home but I was tired. Four days would be great say leave thursday and get as far as I can and ride friday afternoon, all day saturday, sunday then head home monday.

That wil be my next trip I think.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Los Alamos, NM
Possible luck on a sled

I talked to a few of the CO guys and they tell me that the local Cat dealer in South Fork has 7 M1000's in stock. Perfect. Now, I just need to get him to deal a little!!!

I'll let you know how it works out. I'm going to call him on Tuesday to see what's up. One of the guys from this section told me to try Taos Cycle works. I'll give them a call too.

Apparently the snow in Wolf Creek is epic this year. They keep telling me to bring a snorkel.

My email is thebigtman@gmail.com Give me a shout on there or shoot me a PM to establish good off site communications. I will be in the "snowmobile capital of the East" in two weeks. I take a trip up there with some old buddies and do the trail riding and lake racing thing. After that trip, I hope to get out West ASAP to see some of this epic snow everyone is talking about. If you haven't checked out Wolf Creek Pass, maybe you'd be interested in shooting up there with me to check out that snow.

Do you have an avy beacon?

Tim

T
Jan 11, 2008
TX
Will do I dont have avalanche beacon I sold mine a few years ago. Might have to get another one with all the people we have been losing. Or try the new float backpack.

Premium Features