• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lily Lake/ Clear Lake conditions?

S
Nov 26, 2007
Wenatchee, Wa
Will know more on the exact conditions tonight or tomorrow but as far as a motorhome.....:eek: ... might be kinda squirrly on the road. Once you get there there are a couple larger lots for parking. However with the couple dumps we've gotten here lately it may be pretty packed on the weekends so get there early.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Wenatchee, Wa
Yeah I can see it'd be a long drive from baker. The road is pretty twisty, but I also just talked to my brother who lives along the road and he said the county is taking good care so far this year so been staying pretty nice to drive. There's a couple tight hairpins but they're easy to make and no steep drops or anything on the sides. You should be fine to get the home up the road.

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Anyone one been there to check out the conditions yet? I'd like to take the family over that direction next week if possible. What's the parking like? Is a motorhome accessible park?

AJ
the lower lot or Clear Lake lot is Motorhome accessable(i have seen them stuck in the lot often though so be careful) You will need a Washington Snow Park Pass as both lots are registered County Sno-Parks and they are patrolled fairly regulary especially in the early part of the season. http://www.parks.wa.gov/winter/permits.asp
When you come up stemilt loop road park in the Clear lake lot. http://www.parks.wa.gov/winter/parks/motorparks.asp?Park=183 It is bigger. Turn in at the first entrance where the parking sign is and go to the right..or the east end of the lot..You will want to back in to the spots...do not parallel park! This is where you will find the campers..there is a large fire pit there that the Apple Country snowmobile club brings up there. Havnt been there yet this year but used to be on the rescue team there.

with the couple dumps we've gotten here lately it may be pretty packed on the weekends so get there early.

Did I miss something? The valley got more snow than Mission ridge this last week.

Your motorhome will be fine. 18"total snow depth at 5300 feet. Mission Ridge has a total snow pack of 34" up top. Road is not bad at all.......plenty of parking lots from Jump off Ridge to Lilly Lake. I have a 32 foot trailer that I havnt had a prob yet finding a spot to park. Just dont show up a noon.:face-icon-small-win

Y
Nov 26, 2007
Wenatchee,Washington
Motorhome parking

Should be fine, the county maintains the roads to the parking lot. As for riding I went yesterday it was a little thin low but as soon as you got to 4 corners things where fine not any boondocking or hillclimbing yet .:D

S
Nov 26, 2007
Wenatchee, Wa
Did I miss something? The valley got more snow than Mission ridge this last week.

Your motorhome will be fine. 18"total snow depth at 5300 feet. Mission Ridge has a total snow pack of 34" up top. Road is not bad at all.......plenty of parking lots from Jump off Ridge to Lilly Lake. I have a 32 foot trailer that I havnt had a prob yet finding a spot to park. Just dont show up a noon.:face-icon-small-win

Yeah but I wouldn't trust Missions Snow report. The other day when we got our good snowfall they said they got four inches, well I was up on Beehive sitting in 6-8 fresh. Plus they've now started doing their snowpack report as a combination of making/and natural so I don't look at their numbers anymore. Trail rides should be good this weekend but probably still not enough for anything off trail... oh well pray for more :D:D

S
Nov 26, 2007
Wenatchee, Wa
AJ, and anyone else. Just got back from a night ride up the lily lake clear lake drop point. Went all the way up and across the ridge to the microwave towers. The first few miles of the road ride are pretty rough, barely cover and a few rocks, once you get up to the power lines level and start running them it gets pretty good. Up top is great with good depth for a bit of off trail (even had one guy get stuck just beside the trail). Great riding and from the looks of the forecast more to come so should be great for your family outing. :D

T

Twisted Boost

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Apple Capitol, Wa
Swwweeeeeet Sky nothing like a night ride still waiting on parts but should be awesome by the time I'm ready..:D:D Thanks for the report a couple of buddies went today but burned down one machine:mad::mad: Bummmmmmeeeeerrrrrr.. Later..

Premium Features