• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ice Age spindles reviews

G
Jan 30, 2010
Hi, just wondering on some feedback on the spindles as some guys may have some more time on them now. Debating on purchasing a set so any info would be great. Thanks

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I'm going to be of no help to your actual question... but I would encourage you to really think about what you are trying to gain. I have never found raising the front end of a sled without doing anything to the rear to be a good thing. It just makes for extremely heavy steering and poor handling.

Alt Impact does offer a spindle that puts the ski mount inline with the a-arms. I would think this would make for more precise steering, without the negative effects of raising the front end.

I have not used either.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Ran ZRP last year and Iceage for 25+ trips now. They improve the handling enough to justify buying a set. You steer less and less feed back through the bars while side hilling. Let the limiter strap out one hole and couple turns on the front track shock to eliminate the slightly heavier steering. Anyone that rides my sled prefers it over stock. I wouldn’t run a lift spindle unless the geometry (ski bolt) has been changed.

G
Jan 30, 2010
I have an expert so I'm assuming running the limiter strap in the long position would work. I am also running SLP Mohawks and re-valved and sprung shocks by Enzo.

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC

E
Dec 19, 2007
I would think people are going to be gunshy spending big amounts of money on a spindle that may or may not work for the new chassis.
It's not a new chassis though. Same front clip, same bulkhead and tunnel. The rear skid is in a little different spot, basically doing the same thing as adding a ZRP Z-motion to Gen 4. I agree to the leg to ski rubber interface could be better and that any spindle that doesn't move the ski bolt back is a waste. I have ran the ZRP lift spindles on 2 Gen 4's and my Gen 5. When suspension is set up properly the steering, the ride, the sidehilling, and control/predicability is sooo much better over the stock spindles. The raked out stock spindles is almost akin to trying to use a chopper to ride trials through the woods....

S

SKIDOO EXPERT

Jan 17, 2023
Idaho
I run the IceAge elevate spindles on my Gen4 and Gen5 and absolutely love them. IceAge released an update to the spindle which is a heel spacer that allows guys the option to have more consistent ski rubber contact. I believe this update is now on all of the IceAge elevate kits for Ski-Doo and Lynx since my buddy just ordered a set and it came with it in the kit! I talked with Frank at iceage and he seems to know his way around a Ski Doo and was super helpful.

K
I ran the IceAge Skidoo spindles back in December, and did like the way they handled, but didn't like how they supported the rubber. Since I have switched to ZRP with no offset and so far I like them best. There is no feedback to the bars like stock and the Iceage had a bit also. The ZRP along with Salazzking rubbers are a killer combo imo. They do take a bit of suspension setup but after that they work great. I have buddies that ride polaris sleds and they were surprised when they rode my sled it doesn't have the "skidoo feeling" when side hilling or crossing old tracks.

S

SKIDOO EXPERT

Jan 17, 2023
Idaho
From my experience the elevate spindles from IceAge have the most positive feeling. Less feedback in the bars, easier to hold an edge, and don't create unwanted steering effort. The IceAge spindle ski pivot bolt is moved rearward slightly which helps with the steering effort and handling. ZRP is a little taller and more inline with the ball joints which I assume would introduce heavier steering. I'm not sure why being in line with the ball joints is the best solution besides just a marketing ploy to differentiate from competitors? Maybe someone can shed some light on this?? Both great companies and parts that achieve the same end goal imo.

Additionally, I ran the elevate spindles with the stock rubbers and now the salazz and it handles quite well. Definitely plan to outfit my next Doo with the IceAge spindles assuming they don't make any changes to the front end...

K
I run the IceAge elevate spindles on my Gen4 and Gen5 and absolutely love them. IceAge released an update to the spindle which is a heel spacer that allows guys the option to have more consistent ski rubber contact. I believe this update is now on all of the IceAge elevate kits for Ski-Doo and Lynx since my buddy just ordered a set and it came with it in the kit! I talked with Frank at iceage and he seems to know his way around a Ski Doo and was super helpful.

Any Pictures of this heel spacer update? Thanks

briandride

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2016
Fruita, CO
I ran the IceAge Skidoo spindles back in December, and did like the way they handled, but didn't like how they supported the rubber. Since I have switched to ZRP with no offset and so far I like them best. There is no feedback to the bars like stock and the Iceage had a bit also. The ZRP along with Salazzking rubbers are a killer combo imo. They do take a bit of suspension setup but after that they work great. I have buddies that ride polaris sleds and they were surprised when they rode my sled it doesn't have the "skidoo feeling" when side hilling or crossing old tracks.
I’ve been looking at the ZRP spindles with zero offset. That’s definitely the way I want to go but website says they are not available. When did you get yours?

Premium Features