• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HORRIBLE END to a great day and a new sled…

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
I’ve pondered all of those and for me the most “mind bottling” is the 4th one. with BRP’s resources and technical know-how, how is this possible?

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
That would be a resounding NOOO

However, let me explain why I say that. Of course this is entirely my opinion, and we all know what opinions are. Does Poo make a very capable sled, yes. I've owned lots of Poo's over the years. I've had issues with EVERY ONE OF THEM. In my view, it's not the engineers, it's not the assembly line people, it's not the designers, it starts and ends with the CEO. His job is to steer the company and make profits. However, when he gives his bean counters (or fails to give them) direction, they cut corners. They choose the cheapest supplier's and the cheapest materials. And it bites them in the a$$. I'm not saying they build junk, they don't. They build unreliable machines, yes I'm generalizing. However, have you ever heard the term "perception is reality?" It's true. If you build 20,000 sleds and 2% have issues, you rarely hear of the happy 98%. People tell you when they're unhappy more often than happy (because they're to busy riding). Polaris has a perception problem. When all the YouTubers share their videos and you constantly see Poo's with issues, people remember that. Poo, fix your issues.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
it does seem more like a parts and materials quality issue more than design. unfortunately when the breakdown occurs, you’re on a mountain. a trail sled breakdown on the trail is nowhere near as consequential.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Mysteries of life:

What was before the big bang?

How will the world end?

Why did Doo make the G5 Summit so ugly?

Why can’t Doo make a decent gauge?

Why is Christopher using duct tape to strap down his sleds?

Why is Doo’s stock storage so lame?
Because he ran out of BAILING WIRE!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Will polaris make a sled without 40 recalls
My conspiracy theory is Polaris can build a reliable sled. I do hear of Poos that go and go without being touched. Maybe it's assembly line roulette: somebody at the engine plant got yelled at, so they actually torqued bolts and followed procedures, the chassis and suspension was put in the jigs correctly, the clutches just happened to be aligned when they zipped the bolts tight... If you're really lucky, you got the good engine and major components, they happened to get bolted together right, and you've got a great sled.

For most of us though, it's like joining a cult. Your initiation is either preemptively fixing all their mistakes, dealing with a broken sled on the hill, or constantly buying a new sled before anything can break and claiming that's just the price you pay to ride the best (*cough* Chilly *cough*). They might be pushing it though, the way they've been upping prices - looking to start a turf war with Doo - but who am I to question our dear leaders? Obviously it's not just Polaris, and we've lost some along the way: Yammi's gone, and Cat's in a rough spot. I'm not sure they're even checking for a mullet anymore, but they will again if the Catalyst takes off. I'm beginning to think I did join a cult; maybe Jim Jones was in the wrong business.

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
However, have you ever heard the term "perception is reality?" It's true. If you build 20,000 sleds and 2% have issues, you rarely hear of the happy 98%. People tell you when they're unhappy more often than happy (because they're to busy riding)

Wonder if this holds true for chain case failures…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
My first thought was "it only cost ya 1500 for a new 25000 sled, sweet"

My second thought was "if ya woulda tried to sell it right before the wreck you'd only gotten 18, good job"

Third thought " why is my deductable tripled!"

Now I see the agitation. However its crazy ya got the accessories covered
I should really start keeping receipts

Buy the totaled sled, make it a snowest build thread sled, raffle it off with half the proceeds donated to me for no reason. Or a good cause would work

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
My first thought was "it only cost ya 1500 for a new 25000 sled, sweet"

My second thought was "if ya woulda tried to sell it right before the wreck you'd only gotten 18, good job"

Third thought " why is my deductable tripled!"

Now I see the agitation. However its crazy ya got the accessories covered
I should really start keeping receipts

Buy the totaled sled, make it a snowest build thread sled, raffle it off with half the proceeds donated to me for no reason. Or a good cause would work
tomorrow I will begin bolting on all the accessories.
The old sled will get rebuilt this summer.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Keep track of the rebuild receipts,like to know how much they have in The rebuild plus buying it back from insurance company.I assume it will have a salvage title when done ?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Keep track of the rebuild receipts,like to know how much they have in The rebuild plus buying it back from insurance company.I assume it will have a salvage title when done ?
I don't think it will be a salvage title actually.
I paid for the sled in full
Retained ownership of the sled
and have the clear title to the sled.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
From past experience the state will send you a letter stating you're supposed to surrender the title and obtain a branded title. If you don't do that the next person to title the sled will receive a branded title .
well
never been down this road
so I suppose time will tell.

Premium Features