• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

has anyone weighed the 2013s yet?

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Geo that is good info. Would have thought ALL fluids but gas and two stroke oil would weigh more than 12 pounds over "dry" weight. Do you use your scales to set a balance on left and right side weight and a balance to skis to skid weight? Just wonder how technical you are on set up? Corner weights and balance front to rear is so important on road race and circle track cars. I have no idea how important that is for sleds.

MM, oil 4 or 5ish, coolant 7 or 8ish, shock oil 1/2 to 3/4 ish lol, pretty closeish lol.
But you missed my point I think. It's not the "ish" parts or if my scales are deadly (but for me it will be my comparison for my goal of 400 lbs. crate weight). It's the fact that we are 40 or 50 or 60 lighter to start. Those are the big numbers that should make us all feel giddy.

No I don't use the scales to balance the suspention but it was useful to see the sometimes huge differences from RH to LH. The poo is much closer than most.
I set up my front tensions with me on board fully geared (backpack and all), rear set to your needs and fueled.
On the Pro disconnect the sway bar, stand on the sled in riding position, one foot on each side, pull over to lift the RH ski off the floor, then do the same to lift the LH ski off the floor.
The effort to do either side should be the same. this can be adjusted with the front springs by adding tension to the side that is easier to pull up and subtracting tension from the side that is harder to pull up (one turn on both sides at a time).
Once done on trail changes should same # of turns each side.
Reconnect sway bar because IMO it is one of the reasons the sled is so easy to ride for such a broad spectrum of rider styles and weights.

Last edited:

Stocker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2004
Ankritz, AK
2013 Pro RMK 800 LE 155, completely stock, oil tank full, gas tank full/topped off, no add-ons such as skid plate, bags, etc..., and no spare belt or Polaris' useless tool kit included. Essentially how it was delivered from the dealer plus a full tank of gas. Weighed on a pallet jack shipping scale zeroed to a custom built pallet designed to fit a sled.

508.1 lbs

That's amazingly light for a stock OEM 800 class mountain sled. Nice work Polaris.

FYI I also weighed the following add-ons using a small digital food processing scale.

Spare belt: 1.45 lbs
Polaris skid plate: 2.03 lbs
Polaris under seat bag: 1.01 lbs

For the nit-pickers, I weighed it before installing the skid plate and seat bag seen in this pic.
13ProRMK10_28_12099USE.jpg

13ProRMK10_28_12003USE.jpg

13ProRMK10_28_12014USE.jpg

13ProRMK10_28_12033USE.jpg

Stocker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2004
Ankritz, AK
Aaronb- did you ever get a pro climb on the scales?

I also have a 2012 Proclimb 800 153 that is currently at the dealer getting updated. Once it's back in the shop I'll weigh it set up the same way and on the same scale for comparison. The Proclimb is basically stock, only additions is an aftermarket snow flap and some rubber glued to the tunnel for a gas can. I about guarantee the Proclimb is heavier, but am very curious how much.

Stocker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2004
Ankritz, AK
Stocker - But you didn't take the warning stickers off!

I know, I know, it's all biased 'n stuff now.....:face-icon-small-win

Out of pure obsessive compulsive curiosity, I actually weighed the balled up warning stickers on the food processing scale before jump shotting them into the garbage can for 2 points. Unfortunately they didn't even register on the scale :face-icon-small-sad

Premium Features