• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hanging my sled

D

dlhughes28

Nov 19, 2013
I am working on a system to suspend my sled from the ceiling in my garage. The goal is for easy loading and unloading in the back of my truck but also to store the sled up out of the way during the summer. I am going to suspend the sled for a long period of time. I have a skidoo 2008 summit XP. Will the handle bars be a good spot to hook up to and hang the sled by? I want to have three points on the sled, one on the handle bar and two on the back of each running board. I am confident my point of connection on the running boards, which is right next to the mount, is strong enough but I am concerned about have long term weight on the handle bars.

801_FuNk_801

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2008
Ogden, Ut
I would not even consider hanging it from the bars. If it doesn't bend your bars, break your riser and/or bend your post, it will certainly put a ton of stress on your plastic steering blocks and warp them. That's probably best case scenario.. I would say a sling method with a piece of steel stock acting as a spreader bar under your skis and one under your track, then attach your lines to the outside of them and up to your anchor point. Good luck..

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
If you are set on a three way then one to each spindle and the third to the rear bumper. If you go a four way; Your to running board suspension points and the spindles would be the most bullet proof. Even of you just tied loops of mountaineering webbing like some of the dirt bikers do to keep everything tidy and scratch free. Just take the webbing and choke it (take one end of the webbing loop around the spindle and tuck it thru the other end of the loop) hook your winch or spreader bar to the loops. And up she goes. Easy! and as long as your anchors and attachment points in the garage are rated for the weight you are golden.

Premium Features