• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Guidoxpress 05 RMK 900 Build!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
oh my that is a sweet sled, how does the powder coating work? ive herd alot about it but have no idea how it works, also what did you do for the cables and wires to have high bars like that?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
oh my that is a sweet sled, how does the powder coating work? ive herd alot about it but have no idea how it works, also what did you do for the cables and wires to have high bars like that?

powder coat...

its pretty basic...but hard to explain..use google and tyoe it in..

its very durable, and last a very long time..its stronger then paint, and will resist alot of abuse...and even gasoline..but it can still chip, and damage with severe impact..

you can do many colors also..but it takes alot of prep work to look good and be strong..

the cables are all STOCK length on my bars...EXCEPT for the FBF throttle/oiler cable..thats the extended cable he sells..i just re-routed some of the wiring and i got a few inches to mork with..you can also buy the 3-flat adapters to extend them if you really want to..or cut them and solder in more wire..pretty simple really, just take your time so its clean and lasts..

if you ever need more help..just ask..alot of the tricks will come when you get in your sled and learn it..take the console off and look around...same with the fuel tank...and when it comes time to remove your engine..you will learn ALOT...

just dont go taken off things if you are unsure..lol..

steps...questions...steps..just ask on here for help if you need it..:beer;

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Sean, That thing looks just plain great... Awesome doesn't do it enough credit.

I cant wait to see pics of it on the snow.

Well done man:D:beer;:cool:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Sean, That thing looks just plain great... Awesome doesn't do it enough credit.

I cant wait to see pics of it on the snow.

Well done man:D:beer;:cool:

Thanks Seth...

i really do appreciate it...with all the guys going 975, a few 1140s and now the turbos..man..that kinda shot me off my high horse, lol...

but theres alot to be proud of on EVERYones sleds..they are all so different and each one shows their hardwork..and debt, lol..

I love ho wit turned out..now pray for a coupious amount of snow and a TROUBLE free sled season..

thanks again...i will be going to Skisuccas house here soon to finsih up his Fabcraft Build..then he will top my 9 build :( (or will he ;))

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
What RPM do/have you clutched for with the bottle?
Where does the spray enter?

well, i have changed the clutching this year...

when i bought the sled..all the clutching was done by TCP, the guy ran the nitrous for a while on it, and i bought it..but i dont see the clutching he had in it being very good..

Primary was decent setup..
--TCP 70g Lightning Weights
--Team green spring (same as almond)
--he ran the 321111 belt

Secondary was setup terrible IMO..
--stock helix..JUNK! (Helix 64/4-60/38.36 ER)
--i think it had a red/black spring?
--no derlin washers

This year i am running..

Primary
--MTX 74g weights with 2g in outter hole
--Green/Pink spring, and i have a few to play with (blue/pink, black/green)
--shimmed balanced primary for 3211115

Secondary
--Black/White sping, and a few to play with (Black/Gold, Red/Pink)
--2 Derlin Washers (one below spring, one above spring)
--66.42.46ER Helix

I still need to install a NOS button..but there is not much room..so i might use the "brights" button on the control housing since i am not running lights right now (using Boondockers light resistor)..and when i do..i will use fog lights on low beam anyways..and use a toggle switch to flip between lights and resistor

I asked him what he was running for RPMs..but he said he wasnt sure..i would not want to go above 8050rpm, for sure...but unknown right now on that :eek:

here is a new location for the nozzles..i had the TCP intake last year and now have the FNI..so had to work something else for mounting them..will wsee if it works..??

dc.jpg

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Looks GOOD have seen the nozzles on top (closer to throttle bodies)
On bottom for heat issues or sneakiness???
I would think that location good for atomization/mixture...high laminar flow area?
Awesome, sweatin the details too!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
THANK YOU 05900...much appreciated...i cant wait to get that baby on the snow...im stoked...now that i got my new hinged knee brace with built-in damper..im ready to POUND...and ride the sled too, ;)

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
Trick that knee out!!!

I was gonna start askin around about the air sensor location with the 09 plastics. Is the location shown in your pics pretty good or is that seperate for your Nitrous?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Trick that knee out!!!

I was gonna start askin around about the air sensor location with the 09 plastics. Is the location shown in your pics pretty good or is that seperate for your Nitrous?

i put the sensor there before i thought about the nos injectors...

i think it will work great where its all...:beer;

yosh30

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2009

its alot more simple than you would think, i bought a craftsman powder gun think it costed somewhere around 180..adn the powder for it is CHEAP, compared to what you would pay at a shop to do it..my oven came from off the side of the road on garbage day..

but anyway it has something to do with the positive and negative charges..you hook the piece of metal up to the powder gun (with a positive wire) which makes the metal positive, the powder that comes out of the gun is negatively charged..so in turn the attract to each other and the powder sticks to the metal..

put it in the oven for like 20 min, let it cool for 10..all done..takes at the most 40 min for a part..and 30 min of it is waiting for it to get out of the oven.

here is one of my SKIS that i powdercoated, the whole engine was done

DSCI0001.jpg

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
YEP!!

I use the Craftsman powder coating gun myslef...and a used house hold stove that was giving to me for free...if it will fit in the oven...and not melt..it can be coated ;)

i got y coating gun off ebay for like $50 or so..WELL WORTH every penny and some..and you can get the powder coat from ebay as well..

yosh30

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2009
has your gun broken at all? the plastic cup thing holding the powder broke like the second time i used it..its still useable but annoying cause you need to be very careful..so the powder doesnt pour out of it

and i was wondering, what seat mounts did you use on the rear part of the seat?

everything looks great..

did the liner on the tunnel cost a pretty penny?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
has your gun broken at all? the plastic cup thing holding the powder broke like the second time i used it..its still useable but annoying cause you need to be very careful..so the powder doesnt pour out of it

and i was wondering, what seat mounts did you use on the rear part of the seat?

everything looks great..

did the liner on the tunnel cost a pretty penny?

i bought my gun from ebay like i said..the red button the locks the clear cup on was already broke..never an issue..the cup is actually hard to get off, its tight..but works great...

you can order the cups from sears for like $10-15 i think..so you can spray multiple colors quickly..

by seat mounts? do you mean my seat post?? if so, thats the SPG (skinz) seat post..or hopw the seat bolted to the seat post?

the tunnel coating was $200..i had a price battle with them on it..tried to charge $300, then $250..and i got it dwn to $200..he said it was a PINA and will be $300-350 for the next guy...i know it isnt as hard as he made it out to me..just wait till i damage it and he has to repair it under warranty;)

yosh30

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2009
yah i was talking about the seat posts, i couldnt find them on the website..does it mount pretty simple to the seat and everything?

ill have to look into the tunnel coating..thanks for the info

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
yah i was talking about the seat posts, i couldnt find them on the website..does it mount pretty simple to the seat and everything?

ill have to look into the tunnel coating..thanks for the info

here is a link to the seat post..

http://www.sledsolutions.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=164_168_221&products_id=385

you have to pull back the seat cover and install a small metal plate and some through bolts then secure the seat post and then staple seat cover back on..very siomple

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Got a Black SKINZ rear bumper and Black Polaris Handguards w/billet mounts for christmas...looks AWESOME..

i will post some pics later...rode 4x so far and all is great...forgot a camera to take pics..and forgot beer...yeh..wont happen again..;) lol..

it wont let me EDIT any of my posts?????

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I had these custom made by Kreg (Polzinhunter) a little bit ago but havent had the chance to install them till today (while repairing from the wreck)

I had them made to match the angle of the tunnel, and the same angle as the Better Boards to match the flow..and of coarse Kreg did an AMAZING JOB..

I did these cause i was afraid my boots would ruin the side of the tunnel and look like crap after the season, so they are VERY functional and look great..

they are made from BLACK UHMW, and I bought a sheet of .025" aluminum and cut it to match the angle and then powder coated it RED to "POP"..since i dont have any decals to tell everyone what sled i have...this was a good way to "advertise" lol..then rivoted to side of tunnel..

if anyone is thinking about doing something like this..here are a few pointers..

--talk to Kreg..he does EXCELLENT work, and he is worth EVERY penny he charges, "which is very reasonable"...he can do pretty much anything witin reason..
--take your time measuring
--watch where you drill holes...the track is RIGHT there on the other side...you dont want a rivot hitting your track
--dont wreck and ruin all your hard work ;)

Thanks KREG..your the man..!!!!

DSC00690.jpg

DSC00691.jpg

DSC00692.jpg

Premium Features