• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Great Burn on Montana/Idaho border--STILL TIME TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROCESS!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
I've got a few takers and one made a large donation. If this takes off I may need a couple of other guides to help Westmont, Scott, Wingnut? It should be a lot of fun!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I suggest you break this out and START A NEW FUNDRAISING THREAD
This notice is buried deep in this thread.

Okay ,
the lawsuit hs been filed and is headed to the courts

We need to collect at least $10,000 dollars for our help in the effort

the Missoula Snowgoers Snowmobile Association (MSSA) has set up an account for this.

MSSA
Po Box 2441
Missoula, 59801

Please make checks payable to MSSA

We will take anything you can give every penny counts

This is a huge area that is affected from Lolo Pass to StRegis Montana
and all idaho play areas in between.
If you have ridden this you know why we dont want to loose it.
If you never have ridden it lets fight to keep the greenies from taking one more riding area away.
This closure affects many others as well, all of those that rely on our gas , food , lodging , spare parts etc will loose as well.

If you read the closure you will see not just sleds are out but mountain bikes as well ,, Yet they reopened some Motor Cycle trails. The way this closure was done makes it one we can win, and get reversed.
But we need your help.

below is some information on the lawsuit

http://www.snowest.com/snowmobile-n...n=News+Suit+To+Stop+Illegal+Wilderness+090712

I know money is tight these days but lets show how well we can come together and fight for our cause ..
PM me if you have any questions
Thank You
:usa2:

well here is a little update for everyone

we are now over $5000 dollars

our goal was to raise at least $10,000 dollars to put toward the $50,000 that is thought it will take to fight this

I cant thank you all enough

keep it coming were halfway

also as of now they still havent replaced the maps or signs showing this as closed
so that could be seen as a plus for us

We have also worked with ISSA and have a new group the SLED WARRIORS
and the Montana SLED WARRIORS
this is a fundraising group that is dedicated to fighting for SLED ISSUES ONLY

we have tshirts hats etc ...
we will ave a booth at the first annual Missoula Snowgoers Snowmobile Association(MSSA) sled show and auction ,,,,,,, there will also be a sled raffled off

Dec 2nd sunday at the missoula fairgrounds

www.missoulasnowgoers.org

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORTS!!!!

The writing was on the wall when Crooked Fork went down...we need to get it back also.

jbusch

Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
I just donated $50. If I can get up there this winter I will take you up on your offer. This issue spreads beyond ID/MT. This effects all of us that ride. So, donate and stop this from happening.

Almost there
after our sled show and auction in Missoula we are almost to the
$10,000 dollar commitment we made to help in the fight
between the show and donations made by members here we are doing well

please keep the funds coming and check out the snowwarrior web page

Snow warriors is just about sledding closures and the fight to leep them open

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
GREAT news update about the $$ amount tonight at the Missoula Snowgoers Club meeting.

$$$$ Keep it coming folks. We've raised a LOT of money in 2 months.

COP-OUT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
LEWISTOWN,MONTANA
Scott;
I'm the new region 9 Director for the Montana Snowmobile association. I got a bunch of Tee shirts and wrist bands for the Sled Warrior program. The sale of these items goes to the Idaho State Snowmobile Assc. to fight the federal law suits. They are leading our fight both in Idaho and Montana.
The Tees go for $20 and the wrist bands go for $5 The Tees are black in color with the Sled Warrior logo. The bands are white with Black lettering. Right now I have med, large,extra large and 2 extra large. If I don't have someones size I can contact Sandra Mitchell from Idaho and she can direct ship them to the person. I'll have to figure out the shipping depending on where they are shipped to.
Thanks Ron A.

Scott;
Sandra Mitchell said that I can sell the Tee's for $20 bucks that includes shipping. Unless they live in Russia or some other far away place.
Ron

Last edited:
Premium Features